Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Home | Moffitt Cancer Center. Is Moffitt web site

These are the Moffitt surgeons for colorectal cancer:

Surgery
David Shibata, MD, FACS, section head of Colorectal Oncology
Sophie Dessureault, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCS(C)
Kenneth Meredith, MD, FACS
Mokenge Malafa, MD, FACS
Pamela Hodul, MD (rectal only)
Richard Karl, MD, FACS (rectal only)

Moffitt uses Interdisciplinary teams. In other words your surgeon, Oncologist, radiation oncologist and any others involved are on a team that meets together to plan your treatment and care.

Moffitt is not a difficult drive. A little over an hour. This side of Tampa. Very easy drive. No tolls.

I quote:

What separates Moffitt from other institutions is our commitment to Total Cancer Care® — a personalized course of treatment that provides individual therapies based upon a patient's unique genetic fingerprint. The only Florida-based cancer center to receive a National Cancer Institute designation as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, Moffitt is one of only 41 centers nationwide that make up an alliance that allows us to share research and practices that lead to better outcomes faster and more effectively. Together we're redefining how the battle against cancer is won.
Excellent advice all, and especially this. I am more familiar with Moffitt but I am sure that Ocala is great too.

Hugs and love Skip.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Skip,

May I ask who is your doctor who first ordered the colonoscopy, and do you like him/her? I had 8 precancerous polyps removed last spring and must go back for another in 3 years. We are searching for a doctor here now that we are frogs.

My prayers and best wishes for you, Skip. Fortunately it sounds like you caught it early.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Skip,

May I ask who is your doctor who first ordered the colonoscopy, and do you like him/her? I had 8 precancerous polyps removed last spring and must go back for another in 3 years. We are searching for a doctor here now that we are frogs.

My prayers and best wishes for you, Skip. Fortunately it sounds like you caught it early.
I used Dr. Paul Goldberg who was recommended by my Primary Dr. The practice is Gastro Intestinal Consultants @ 910 Old Camp Road Bldg 200 Ste 202. 352-383-7703. I can't say that his bedside manner is great as he's short and too the point. But I guess that's what we need to have when we're dealing with these issues. I had 3 polyps removed last March but he wasn't pleased with one of the views and that's why he scheduled another procedure 8 months later. The follow up brought me to this position.
Skip 2
Old 11-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
I used Dr. Paul Goldberg who was recommended by my Primary Dr. The practice is Gastro Intestinal Consultants @ 910 Old Camp Road Bldg 200 Ste 202. 352-383-7703. I can't say that his bedside manner is great as he's short and too the point. But I guess that's what we need to have when we're dealing with these issues. I had 3 polyps removed last March but he wasn't pleased with one of the views and that's why he scheduled another procedure 8 months later. The follow up brought me to this position.
Skip 2
Thank you. It really does sound like an early diagnosis. Again, good luck to you.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Skip2 - And if you are feeling an absence of smiling, just remember, when they are all done and you're cancer free, you can look people in the eye and tell them you have proof that you are now a perfect *** ****. <smile>

At the end of the day, you are surrounded here by folks who will cry with you, pray with you, care about you, and laugh with you. Can't ask for a better support system anywhere. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
Skip2 - And if you are feeling an absence of smiling, just remember, when they are all done and you're cancer free, you can look people in the eye and tell them you have proof that you are now a perfect *** ****. <smile>

At the end of the day, you are surrounded here by folks who will cry with you, pray with you, care about you, and laugh with you. Can't ask for a better support system anywhere. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
And I do feel the love and support that this super group offers. Complete strangers have stepped up to offer prayers and advice with the only thought being to help guide me thru the process. Couldn't ask for anything better!!!!
Skip 2
Old 11-27-2013, 07:03 PM

Might be a dumb question but what's the difference between Moffitt in The Villages and Moffitt in Tampa?
Old 11-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Platinum member

Same hospital. The one in The Villages is a "branch"of the main location in Tampa. The main location is in Tampa on the University of South FL campus. http://www.moffitt.org
Tampa, FL
Old 11-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Skip, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Your shuffleboard buddy
Barry
Old 11-28-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
Might be a dumb question but what's the difference between Moffitt in The Villages and Moffitt in Tampa?
Moffitt here in TV is a name; anything of consequence is handled in Tampa. The professionals in Tampa are top-flight and on a par with Sloan Kettering, MD Anderson and others.

I am recovering from a metastatic melanoma handled by Moffitt and I can tell you the place is professional, compassionate and caring.

Skip, my prayers go out to you.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Veteran member
Smile Colon Surgery

Been through the Big "C" surgery a few times plus other types of colon surgery, if you wish I would be willing to share my experiences. Currently only have 6 ft. of small colon left.

Send private message if you wish to talk
Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 PM

Lots of good responses. Really helps to have positive feedback.

This too will pass.....All will be well and Our Prayers are with you!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hugs. Prayers. Good thoughts....and much, much looking forward to a smiling YOU when this is past.

We have you in our hearts.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Hugs. Prayers. Good thoughts....and much, much looking forward to a smiling YOU when this is past.

We have you in our hearts.
Thanks Gracie, it's posts like these that seem to give you a little extra inner strength to head out and tackle the bear. He'd better be in hibernation early cause I'm on the prowl.
Skip 2
Old 12-04-2013, 12:24 AM

Md anderson cancer center affiliated with orlando regional....downtown orlando - they are superb!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.