Old 02-27-2020, 11:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

How Americans can prepare for coronavirus if it spreads here - ABC News

This has some good information.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Fun fact: anyone who was a candidate for a flu vaccine, could have had one and thus either eliminated the possibility of contracting the flu, or minimized its symptoms drastically.

Another fun fact: there is no coronavirus vaccine. There is absolutely nothing, zilch, nada that you can do to prevent contracting it. You can minimize risk. But that is all you can do.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I believe the opinion piece from Vanity Fair on The Coronavirus was written by this fellow, a film critic;
K. Austin Collins - Bing
Do you have evidence that experts within the admin were not from speaking ?

Please share...would make me feel batter.

I will sincerely check to see if can invalidate these reports about the ban. It would certainly make me feel better

Last edited by Bucco; 02-28-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
In terms of an "always wrong economic advisor" I believe you meant to cite Paul Krugman of the illustrious New York Times
The thread and subject is the coronavirus. I apologize for my editorial comment.

Can you give a reason he is on this group ?
Old 02-28-2020, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I believe the opinion piece from Vanity Fair on The Coronavirus was written by this fellow, a film critic;
K. Austin Collins - Bing
This is what I am hearing, and not in a physical situation to give you links.....

Mick Mulvaney sent a government-wide email yesterday saying all coronavirus-related comms must go through Pence’s press secretary Katie Miller, according to two people familiar with the email

Hoping you can prove all this wrong
Old 02-28-2020, 10:58 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Coronavirus fatality rates vary wildly depending on age, gender and medical history — some patients fare much worse than others - MarketWatch

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-28-2020, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
This is what I am hearing, and not in a physical situation to give you links.....

Mick Mulvaney sent a government-wide email yesterday saying all coronavirus-related comms must go through Pence’s press secretary Katie Miller, according to two people familiar with the email

Hoping you can prove all this wrong
It's humorous to see some people say this is censorship or some other horrible form of whatever the latest outrage is ...

It's perfectly sensible. When you have a large percentage of the population easily susceptible to mass hysteria, and a rapidly changing threat environment, it makes sense for the person in charge to determine what's approproprate to release and what's not.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, and just like we don't want ignorant people who seem to be "rooting for the virus to win" while yelling the sky is falling
Other than staff members of our WH and family members of them, I have not heard that.

Can you be more specific about WHO SPECIFICALLY is "rooting for the virus" to do anything.

This gets old about everyone is "out to get"

Everyone wants the virus to stay away to my knowledge. There is fear of he unknown, but I am sure you can point out SPECICALLY WHO is rooting otherwise.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's humorous to see some people say this is censorship or some other horrible form of whatever the latest outrage is ...

It's perfectly sensible. When you have a large percentage of the population easily susceptible to mass hysteria, and a rapidly changing threat environment, it makes sense for the person in charge to determine what's approproprate to release and what's not.
Please share with us WHO SPECIFICALLY is opposed to having one voice to speak to this subject.

Most I have heard, no make that ALL I have heard feel that is a great idea.

The criticism is abouy WHO.

Please make sure we are speaking about the same subject.....Having one spokesman is good and agreed.

Who it is and banning experts is the discussion, or should be,
Old 02-28-2020, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Please share with us WHO SPECIFICALLY is opposed to having one voice to speak to this subject.

Most I have heard, no make that ALL I have heard feel that is a great idea.

The criticism is abouy WHO.

Please make sure we are speaking about the same subject.....Having one spokesman is good and agreed.

Who it is and banning experts is the discussion, or should be,

Naming names is prohibited by the TOS but you can go back and figure it out ... not that difficult. This is somewhat akin to grasping for the vapors and even more amusing.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Accusations of someone "rooting" for something this serious to kill people, simply to try and save face of facts on record...is purely sickening.

It's also a great insight.
I agree ... insight indeed, but in a reverse sense as it enables most of us to analyze the alternate reality many disaffected people in our society inhabit
Old 02-28-2020, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Naming names is prohibited by the TOS but you can go back and figure it out ... not that difficult. This is somewhat akin to grasping for the vapors and even more amusing.
I do not think supplying links that will allow for those you have accused of rooting for a virus to get worse is against the rules.

I am reading that you have no idea who said any of that ever.

__________________________________________________ _______

TO THE MODS....Understand that certain poster continue to make serious and terrible accusations on here, un credited or backed up. This is potentially a very serious problem for our country and I sure hope that serious accusations can be responded to without any action.
My time on this forum accusations such as a poster is making with no substantiation is not received well.

We all pray that we need not face this virus and we pray for those who suffer with it. I have not seen anyone making any P post except for responding to those who are using this as an opportunity.

We should all avoid the accusations and simply pray and hope for all affected and wait for more info.

I can assure you that I will only post more on this subject if UNCREDITED OR UNSUBSTANTIATED, but if they have any credence I hope the poster will supply them.

Thank you

Last edited by Bucco; 02-28-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:22 PM
Sage
Default Coronavirus

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Chinese were developing a new biological warfare weapon that somehow they lost control over such as a worker that was lax and let the virus out. Along with developing a new weapon they probably have a anti viral fix for this virus but won't expose it as this would be proof that they are responsible for developing this weapon.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Chinese were developing a new biological warfare weapon that somehow they lost control over such as a worker that was lax and let the virus out. Along with developing a new weapon they probably have a anti viral fix for this virus but won't expose it as this would be proof that they are responsible for developing this weapon.

I don't know, I've heard others postulating the same thing...but it sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me.

While the 2-3% fatality rate for the coronavirus is very high compared to the flu, it seems really low and ineffective...to use it as some kind of bio-weapon.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
The Chi-Coms operate two biological weapons labs in the area where it broke out. They allege meat from a local illegal wild game market was the source. They even eat bats along with cats and dogs over there. Anyway, in the past lab workers have been caught by the government stealing and selling, to the tune of over $1.5M US, lab animals and even meat from animals which had been given disease from manufactured viruses. Expert: Chinese Scientists Sell Lab Animals as Meat on the Black Market

Report Suggests That Details Point To Coronavirus Coming From Chinese Lab | The Daily Wire

Mystery surrounds ouster of Chinese researchers from Canadian laboratory | Science | AAAS

I don't trust the official line on what goes on in China.

Potentially good news! New England Journal of Medicine: Coronavirus Could Be No Worse than Flu

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 02-28-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
prepare, coronavirus, dangerous, hearing, hurricanes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.