Covid got me.

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2022, 06:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,304 Times in 562 Posts

No vaccine released for BA5 …The present vaccines you are receiving is for the old Covid! People are being duped
Old 08-25-2022, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

Good news. Hope you recover quickly.
Old 08-25-2022, 07:20 AM

Seems you are touting the vaccines and boosters more than your expression of getting COV!D. I suggest doing more research, before pushing the vax on people. Statistically, more people vaxed are getting COV!D, than the unvaxed. Cruises discriminated from misinformation. Glad your ok.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,070 Times in 535 Posts

I'm glad to see so many immunologists here in The Villages, offering free medical advice.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Hubby and I are just home from a cruise for a couple of days and I started having symptoms of a very mild cold. We did home antigen tests and I'm positive for Covid. Hubby is negative. It is truly amazing how I don't fear this illness anymore since I've been protected with the vaccine and two boosters. It also is very comforting knowing this virus has evolved and is not nearly as virulent as the original strain.

Stay well everyone.
My wife and I were just tested positive for Covid-19 3 days ago. I thought I had a lingering cold for the last 3 weeks. We have both had the vaccine in the past. One of the onset symptoms I had 3 weeks ago was an accelerated pulse. That happened on and off for about 3 days. My wife had the same happen to her last week. That lasted about a day and a half. Now it is mostly nasal congestion and tiredness. It also seems to have affected our taste buds. At first I couldn't taste food. Now food tastes bitter to both of us. At least I'm losing a few pounds now.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:19 AM
Default covid got me

[QUOTE=coffeebean;2129197]Hubby and I are just home from a cruise for a couple of days and I started having symptoms of a very mild cold. We did home antigen tests and I'm positive for Covid. Hubby is negative. It is truly amazing how I don't fear this illness anymore since I've been protected with the vaccine and two boosters. It also is very comforting knowing this virus has evolved and is not nearly as virulent as the original strain.

Stay well everyone.

I'm truly glad your symptoms are mild, i don't have any vaccines or boosters and yet i don't fear covid.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
If it were a vaccine, you wouldn't get covid.
Not true, From day one the CDC has always said the vaccines won’t keep you from getting COVID. It increases your chances of not ending up in the hospital and dying, because your body has a jump on “recognizing” the virus because of the vaccines.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,389 Times in 2,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
No vaccine released for BA5 …The present vaccines you are receiving is for the old Covid! People are being duped
First bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccine approved by UK medicines regulator - GOV.UK
Old 08-25-2022, 08:26 AM

I had covid a year and a half ago. For myself, I get my antibodies tested every three months with other blood work. I’m doing my own personal study for my body, and so far my antibody level is still sky high and has not gone down one bit. I’m refusing vaccines at this point fit myself as I’m afraid to mess with my immunity. Every person knows their body and what works best. There’s no one fits all.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmckiou View Post
Not true, From day one the CDC has always said the vaccines won’t keep you from getting COVID. It increases your chances of not ending up in the hospital and dying, because your body has a jump on “recognizing” the virus because of the vaccines.
Absolutely false. Both Fauci AND the CDC initially told us that if you got vaccinated, there was a 95% chance that you would NOT get Covid. There were even some elected officials, some very high up in the food chain (whom I dare not mention, lest I get another "vacation"), who made the same claims...

Nothing was said about increasing any chances of not ending up in the hospital and dying until much later, when they found out their initial claims were wrong...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-25-2022, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan1717 View Post
I had covid a year and a half ago. For myself, I get my antibodies tested every three months with other blood work. I’m doing my own personal study for my body, and so far my antibody level is still sky high and has not gone down one bit. I’m refusing vaccines at this point fit myself as I’m afraid to mess with my immunity. Every person knows their body and what works best. There’s no one fits all.
Same here, except I had covid 2 1/2 years ago... Still have the antibodies (per my last blood test in March)...

My wife just had her 2nd bout with Covid last month, despite being vaccinated and boosted (once). Typical flu-like symptoms for a week...

I tested a few times during her illness and recovery... Nada...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-25-2022, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

I got my 2 covid shots, will never get another of those vaccines. I know people that got mild cases of covid with no vaccines, and got it after 2 shots up to the boosters. I got covid early this year and it was mild.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:09 AM

I had Covid in May, cough, fever, chills, headache, was vaxed, no boosters. I had a lot of side effects with the vaccine. I called my Dr. and he prescribed Paxlovid. The next day I was 90 percent better. I had no trouble with Paxlovid other then the taste. I took without food and that helped. I did not have a rebound. I tested negative in 5 days. If I get Covid again, I will definitely take Paxlovid!
Old 08-25-2022, 09:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Seems you are touting the vaccines and boosters more than your expression of getting COV!D. I suggest doing more research, before pushing the vax on people. Statistically, more people vaxed are getting COV!D, than the unvaxed. Cruises discriminated from misinformation. Glad your ok.
The vaccine has never (other than one misspeaking) been touted as PREVENTING COVID. EVER. It reduces incidence and reduces death rate and reduces hospitalizations. IT HELPS.

People build straw men saying "it doesn't stop COVID" and then look for ways to prove their straw man.

And the reason more people that are vaccinated are getting COVID is pretty hard to understand, maybe it has to do with 80% of the population being vaccinated? (depending on who you believe that number varies from 65% to 90%. It also varies if you mean fully 4 shots or at least 1 shot). In any case, most (more than half) of people have been vaccinated.

Two years, and we still have all this nonsense. Now measles, polio and others are making a comeback because of anti-vaxers.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:37 AM

Oh my, so many vax believers. Good luck!

Tags
covid, hubby, home, boosters, protected

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.