Is the current "spiking" of Covis "cases" acceptable to anti vaxers?

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Is the current "spiking" of Covis "cases" acceptable to anti vaxers?

It would seem there is a message in the current run up in numbers of "cases".

Is the infection and or death rate acceptable to those choosing to not vaccinate?

The politicians, the media and ultimately medical experts are flip flopping daily and even within the day!

Any different than those who elect to not wear seat belts? Who elect to continue smoking? We don't see these numbers being reported daily in the headlines!!
What is the difference?
Old 07-13-2021, 08:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

First, flip flopping is very prejudicial. In my not so humble opinion, updating your position when new data is available is rational. Sadly in something like the pandemic of a never seen before virus can result in rapid changes in knowledge. Initial projections and advice is normally given based on previous similar viruses, with the caveats that they could be wrong. As time passes more information becomes available and projections and recommendations change. Then almost always the virus mutates and the experts have to start over. This can be very distressing to many people who are afraid and looking for answers.

The question, is the death rate acceptable is a hard question. And easier question is, is any preventable death acceptable, to which I would say, no. Even one preventable death is unacceptable. BUT. The problem is the second question, “at what cost.?” The cost can be economic, freedoms, potential future (long term) impacts, etc, etc, etc. Each of us have to come to a risk/reward assessment we are comfortable with.

Personally I think we are heading into a global economic collapse - depression or recession - that combined with continuing mutations will end up with governments around the world including the US, making isolation and vaccinations mandatory. The sad thing is there is every reason to believe we could have stopped this virus and it’s resulting variants if extreme measures had been taken earlier. But, that solution was unacceptable through out most of the world.

I hope I am wrong, for my children and grandchildren.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
It would seem there is a message in the current run up in numbers of "cases". Any different than those who elect to not wear seat belts? Who elect to continue smoking? We don't see these numbers being reported daily in the headlines!!
What is the difference?
I suspect it is merely that the media likes to report, and we like to hear about, the most recent events. Deaths from car accidents and smoking are old news.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I suspect it is merely that the media likes to report, and we like to hear about, the most recent events. Deaths from car accidents and smoking are old news.
I agree.
Therefore(?) the deaths, maiming, disabling levels are acceptable-tolerable.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Not wearing a seat belt and in an accident, the result I may never be able to walk again...no vaccination could result in death....neither is acceptable to me.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Not wearing a seat belt and in an accident, the result I may never be able to walk again...no vaccination could result in death....neither is acceptable to me.
The most common injury from not wearing a seat belt is traumatic brain injury, it can lead to not being able to walk, or talk, or remember things, or feed yourself. I would take death over that. But each to their own poison.

As I said, to me any preventable death is too many.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Sage

Just in case clarification post is to compare the virus to other causes of death/disabilities that are around us every day....with significant magnitude.....is it the more current harm is more news worthy (or more agenda worthy??!!).
Old 07-13-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
The sad thing is there is every reason to believe we could have stopped this virus and it’s resulting variants if extreme measures had been taken earlier. But, that solution was unacceptable through out most of the world.”

And, it appears also in the United States.....

“Anthony Fauci said on Sunday that he was horrified to hear the crowd at a conservative gathering this weekend cheering anti-vaccination comments.

"It's horrifying. I mean, they are cheering about someone saying that it's a good thing for people not to try and save their lives," Fauci told host Jake Tapper on CNN's "State of the Union," referring to the audience's reaction to remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Dallas.

Fauci also said that it was “almost frightening” for people to say that they don’t want health officials to save their lives. ”

Fauci: 'Horrifying' to hear CPAC crowd cheering anti-vaccination remarks | TheHill
It's horrifying to see this weasel on television.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
The sad thing is there is every reason to believe we could have stopped this virus and it’s resulting variants if extreme measures had been taken earlier. But, that solution was unacceptable through out most of the world.”

And, it appears also in the United States.....

“Anthony Fauci said on Sunday that he was horrified to hear the crowd at a conservative gathering this weekend cheering anti-vaccination comments.

"It's horrifying. I mean, they are cheering about someone saying that it's a good thing for people not to try and save their lives," Fauci told host Jake Tapper on CNN's "State of the Union," referring to the audience's reaction to remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Dallas.

Fauci also said that it was “almost frightening” for people to say that they don’t want health officials to save their lives. ”

Fauci: 'Horrifying' to hear CPAC crowd cheering anti-vaccination remarks | TheHill
Trying to get yet another thread closed due to your political babbling????
Old 07-13-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
It would seem there is a message in the current run up in numbers of "cases".

Is the infection and or death rate acceptable to those choosing to not vaccinate?

The politicians, the media and ultimately medical experts are flip flopping daily and even within the day!

Any different than those who elect to not wear seat belts? Who elect to continue smoking? We don't see these numbers being reported daily in the headlines!!
What is the difference?
The difference is that "not wearing seatbelts" isn't contagious. You not wearing a seatbelt is not going to hurt me, if you are in an accident. Indoor smoking is mostly banned in most parts of the country outside the privacy of your own home or vehicle. It's also banned in many outdoor public venues, parks and recreational areas nationwide. But I won't become a smoker just because you are a smoker. Smoking isn't contagious.

COVID is contagious, and you don't have to be "doing" anything to transmit it. Just get physically close enough to someone and breathe in their general direction, and if it's "their turn" to catch it, you will transmit it to them.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
EXPLAIN POLITICAL.

post is on subject.

Post is adding to the discussion, UNLESS we are expected to bury facts that make certain uncomfortable, which seems to be the case every time this attack is made.

If TOTV is to be a “megaphone” for only things you like, then let’s insure we change the rules and its name.

If you do not want to hear FACTS then do not get involved in threads.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Looks like both sides are here and hurling insults. Yup, thread is doomed.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
EXPLAIN POLITICAL.

post is on subject.

Post is adding to the discussion, UNLESS we are expected to bury facts that make certain uncomfortable, which seems to be the case every time this attack is made.

If TOTV is to be a “megaphone” for only things you like, then let’s insure we change the rules and its name.

While I agree with your post, the last line is inflammatory. I expect both sides believe that they have the facts. If we are to get past this point in history, both sides need to try.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
EXPLAIN POLITICAL.

post is on subject.

Explain it---like you don't already know

OK, when you post phrases related to "conservative gatherings" and "responses at CPAC" you have turned a thread about deaths from COVID instantly political. When you make veiled references to "doing more earlier" you make it political, just not as obvious as when you name the former POTUS. I can make many more "factual" posts about how the other side is ruining our country, but they would be political as well

Any further questions?????
Old 07-13-2021, 10:58 AM

We constantly hear the media refer to "Cases", but never hear how the "Cases" are defined. I believe that when "Cases" are mentioned it means a positive test, but no
mention as to what the severity factor is, just that we should be terrified of "Cases".
I know quite a few folks that are listed as "Cases" who have had Covid, and totally
recovered with having had relatively minor symptoms. Yes, I also know of others that have been really sick from Covid.
My point is that simply listing "Cases" just isn't the complete story, but keeping everyone
terrified seems to be the ongoing media narrative.
Closed Thread

Tags
daily, cases, current, elect, numbers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.