Dental Implant Recommendations Needed

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2023, 08:29 AM
Default Dental Implant Recommendations Needed

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting since I moved here in May, so be nice! 😊

I'm in need of dental implants and specifically interested in the All-on-4.

I am hoping to get recommendations on a really good doctor /implant facility that you have used, or know of someone that has used, and were very happy with the results and the whole process.

The reviews I have read vary so much within every facility I've researched that it's hard to choose.

Feel free to PM me if you find this to be a very personal matter.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2023, 08:40 AM

I would recommend Shands in Gainesville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoNY View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting since I moved here in May, so be nice! 😊

I am hoping to get recommendations on a really good doctor /implant facility that you have used, or know of someone that has used, and were very happy with the results and the whole process.

The reviews I have read vary so much within every facility I've researched that it's hard to choose.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2023, 09:27 AM

Thank you so much!
Old 08-03-2023, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

You can try to go to the dental school, but I have been rejected twice, no reason given. I have used Dr. Novak in Busnell for four implants. He does a terrific job, and I love his kind personality. But he's not inexpensive. I think about 5K per implant, but that includes the crown. Their office staff is fabulous to work with. Home | Joseph Brent Novak DMD, PA - Dentist in Bushnell, FL It's down 301, almost to Bushnell.
Old 08-03-2023, 01:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

I recommend going to Costa Rica. Direct flight from Orlando.
Old 08-03-2023, 01:27 PM

Village Periodontics and Dental Implant Center located on Oxford, 352-259-6799. Nice facility. Dr Cramer performed two oral surgeries on me and experience was great. I did not need an implant but the practice has an implant center that you might want to consider. I believe they have an implant education center to help you understand the process. Dental work is not where ever you go but good dental is the goal.
Old 08-03-2023, 05:36 PM

Thank you all so much, you hqve been very helpful. Much appreciated!
Old 08-03-2023, 05:39 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I recommend going to Costa Rica. Direct flight from Orlando.
Great recommendation. You'll save enough money to pay for a nice trip to Costa Rica and enough money to go back again, another time.

Generally rated #1 or #2 for overseas Dental Work. I'm happy to give you some recommendations of who to see there, if you're interested.
Old 08-04-2023, 04:40 AM
Default Dental Implants

Quote:

Thanks!
Don't be shy about asking your dentist which brand of dental implant he/she will be placing in your mouth. There are dozens of companies that make dental implants, and some of them are cr@p, which can affect the long-term success of your implant. Take it from someone who learned this the hard way. Two of the better companies that produce a quality implant are Nobel Biocare and Straumann. Do your research. Good luck to you.
Old 08-04-2023, 05:14 AM

My husband used Prime Dentistry----Dr. Dhiren Agrawal located on 466 in Santa Fe strip mall (352-674-9077). He has very modern equipment and uses 3-D to help create the implants. You can get a free consultation with him. They fit perfect and never had one problem.
Old 08-04-2023, 05:59 AM

Sure, I'm open to other options. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2023, 06:10 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
I had all my top taken out by Dr. Jafal (oral surgeon) and 5 implants (in case one failed). My dentist, Dr. Jaber) made the denture to fit on posts.

Happy with result but very expensive. And, I still wish I had my own teeth….nothing like them.
Old 08-04-2023, 06:13 AM

Make sure that you understand what "All on 4" is. It is like wearing dentures. They are held in place by snaps that are implanted and removable - no dental adhesives.

The alternative is to replace certain teeth. Yes, it's more expensive. I had several teeth implanted and I went to Costa Rica to have it done. Most of the dentists are U.S. trained, the facilities are very clean - no chickens running around and half the price of doing it here. In addition, transportation and up to $100 a day for hotel and food are tax deductible as a medical expense.

Medical tourism is very important to the Costa Rican economy. Generally, U.S. insurance does not cover cosmetic procedures like face lifts and dental policies usually limit you to free cleanings and discounts on fillings, etc.
Old 08-04-2023, 06:41 AM
Default Implants

Quote:

Thanks!
Marion fental on 441
Old 08-04-2023, 08:07 AM

Do you have a trustworthy dentist where you moved from? many of the dentists here tack on alot of unecessary treatments that will jack up the cost of any procedures. Be carefull and get a couple of estimates before you decide who you will use. Good Luck!
Closed Thread

Tags
dental, facility, recommendations, results, matter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.