Dental question.

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

almost anything is less costly out of the villages
Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 PM

I used Smile Expressions in Mt Dora they take CareCredit . Google this. It allows you to pay over time at MD and dentist and other health offices that accept it.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Default Dental Office with Care Credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Sweeny View Post
I used Smile Expressions in Mt Dora they take CareCredit . Google this. It allows you to pay over time at MD and dentist and other health offices that accept it.
When you present it as 'they take Care Credit..' It sounds as though it is an insurance plan, which it is not. Care Credit is a method of paying where a bank funds your $$ if you have decent credit and you simply pay over a given period. It is not without interest, which depends on the length of time to pay off the debt, just like every else. Some Medical, dental and vetenary offices offer this "third party system" and by offerring it to their patients/clients, it takes financing the service out of the office.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:42 PM

I found an excellent DDS in Lessburg...he does excellent work His name is Dr. Eddie Orobig. He's a great dentist who specializes in crowns, implants, bone graffs etc. Number is 352-787-5919. Why don't you call his office and speak to Marylu. I'm sure she can price crowns for you. Tell her Alexandra recommended you. Good Luck.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC419 View Post
Just went to dentist in Bushnell (about half hour from villages) and had the best exam I ever had from a dentist. I need a crown and cost is about $600. Very happy with dentist and facility. Will see how things go.
Which one of their dentists did you use?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adichiara View Post
I found an excellent DDS in Lessburg...he does excellent work His name is Dr. Eddie Orobig. He's a great dentist who specializes in crowns, implants, bone graffs etc. Number is 352-787-5919. Why don't you call his office and speak to Marylu. I'm sure she can price crowns for you. Tell her Alexandra recommended you. Good Luck.
Another recommendation for Dr Orobitg. Good work and they do not try and sell you unnecessary work. Competent and very friendly staff.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
Both Brightspot01 and I have been going to Bushnell Family Dentistry and love it!
We both see Dr. McAnly and he is wonderful. He did a crown for me last year and will be doing another this year. I also use Care Credit to finance what my Ins. does not cover. I usually get interest free financing with them and the time to pay off the balance varies. I totally agree with others that at times it does payoff going outside The Villages. Besides it's a very nice drive to Bushnell straight down 301.

Last edited by rdhdleo; 07-17-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:59 AM

I agree. I love the dentist Dr. McAnnly at Bushnell. It is worth the trip. Dentist here are outrageously expensive...
Old 07-17-2014, 09:03 AM

Ad me to the last rdheleo. I wouln't think of going to anyone else. I had 2 front teeth pulled and 2 bridges then put in. Was lots of work in the front And I am so satisfied. Besides lol he couldn't be nicer putting up with this big chicken. lol And the price was very fair compared to other dentists.....Its not really that far a nice drive......
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM

If you pay Care Credit in the specified time there is no interest charges.....
Old 07-19-2014, 09:36 AM

Anyone have a recommendation for dentist for mini implants?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:12 AM

Scheduled for a root canal/crown for #30 tooth ( back bottom) Greenberg Dental in Leesburg. $1145.00 for both. First time using the facility.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
I am pretty sure it was a crown I had placed here that was about 1200.00 (included the crown and building the base?)which I thought was very expensive, More than we would have paid where we were from. I think my dentist is priced middle of the road. We talked to a dentist when we first got here, and even though we are both avid brushers, flossers, and always did the 2 trips to the dentist a year. It was going to cost 10K to "fix" both my husband's teeth and mine. Needless to say, we did not return, and the next dentist didn't find any of the same problems.
You obviously went to Village Dental. They are a csmetic practice, do beautiful work but are VERY expensive. My wife recently had a crown done with our dentist and it cost $900. Don't know how long ago you had one up north but prices have gone up. The crown cost the dentist about $100 from the lab.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:14 PM

The dentist in Bushnell- was the price after insurance or total cost?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:00 PM

I do not know which dentist you went to, but the one I just went to for a cleaning (which I didn't get), just x-rays, gave me a quote for what needed to be done....$12,600.00! I have been to 4 different dentists in TV. I am trying to find one NOT in TV who does not think everyone here is wealthy. I truly do not think I need all that done. Good Luck!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.