Dentist

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112
Default Dentist

I am going on Preferred Care Partners in September and would like to know if anyone has a good Dentist to recommend.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:28 PM

Do not go to Dr Fischer in the Villages across from Barnes and Noble. He is a rip off who recommends lots of crowns you will not need.
We have not found a good one who takes the insurance so go where we have to pay but are more satisfied.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Veteran member

I found these Dentist from T O V when I arrived in the Villages last month.
Dr. Reem Jabar & Dr. Kathleen Willams in the Palm Ridge Dental off 466 .
My appointment was this morning. Everything was very professional just like my old dentist back in Mo. No gimmicks or other tricks. Both dentist in the same office. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

They also filed my insurance.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Kathleen Williams is awesome! I have been going to her for over 2 years.

I hate to lose her but she doesn't take any insurance and I am now on Preferred Care Partners so I have to find a new dentist within the network.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Don't know about the insurance BUT Greenberg Dental in Leesburg about 8 miles south on 27. ws excellent. wife and I both satisfied. We are Freedom Health Insured
Old 08-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James
Default I totally agree with

Minivillager!
Had the same bad experience with Dr. Fischer. Told me four crowns needed replacing to the tune of $3,200.00 after my insurance paid their 80%. Two of those crowns were put in in 2008 and one 2011. What a rip! Went back to my dentist in Tampa and low and behold, one small cavity by one crown. Cost to me ... $23.00. I'll continue to make the hour drive for a good, honest dentist.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 AM

We have Dr. Still by Laurel Manor and are very happy with him. He refers us over to Dr. Rosario a few doors down for work he doesn't cover. Both are very good. We went through at least 5 dentists just outside TV which our insurance had listed and were VERY UNHAPPY with all of them.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Default Avoid Aspen Dental

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
I am going on Preferred Care Partners in September and would like to know if anyone has a good Dentist to recommend.
I can tell you from one visit to them that Aspen Dental are crooks. They will charge you and your insurance company for countless things you don't need.
I changed DDS (from the north) and tried Aspen for a simple cleaning. My wife and I were there for 3 hours NEVER GOT A CLEANING and they tried to sign us up for $2,000 worth of antibiotics EACH before the cleaning!!!!

Since then we have gone to Dr Syska in Fruitland Park we are very happy with him and his staff and as for the Aspen antibiotics NOT NEEDED! Our teeth were fine.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 AM

Just went to Dr Marie Luong recently. Very good and she actually told me I did not need some treatment as my previous dentist did, thus saving me time, money, and frustration. Bad news is she is pretty booked up so hard to get appts.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

I love Kathleen Williams. She has been my dentist for three years but she doesn't take any insurance.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

You are right. Aspen dentists are crooks. That is exactly why I found Kathleen Williams. Aspen said I needed to pay $2000 for gum antibiotics. So knowing I had been to my previous dentist (retired) every 6 months I knew something was wrong with this picture. I found Dr. Williams and was told I could do the treatment from home, just purchase an electric toothbrush and Water Pic, and I did and haven't had any trouble since going to her. Unfortunately, she doesn't take any insurance and I have signed up for Preferred Care Partners. I am so sad I have to lose her.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 AM

Stick with Kathleen Williams, you won't be sorry!
Dh used to go to Tavares to Dr Morgan with Preferred Care Ins (he really liked him)and then they dropped him so he tried Fisher who takes the ins and I already told you what a disaster that was. He wanted $5,ooo worth of crowns and hubby went back to Pa to our dentist of 35 years and got several fillings for ony $600. He said no crowns were needed.
We have searched for 3 years and have not found good dentists with the PCP plan. Next year they will be bought out by United Health Care and maybe then things will be better or maybe there will not be a dental plan. We just have to wait and see.
Stick with Kathleen Williams and bite the bullet-you won't be sorry. That is what we are doing.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
You are right. Aspen dentists are crooks. That is exactly why I found Kathleen Williams. Aspen said I needed to pay $2000 for gum antibiotics. So knowing I had been to my previous dentist (retired) every 6 months I knew something was wrong with this picture. I found Dr. Williams and was told I could do the treatment from home, just purchase an electric toothbrush and Water Pic, and I did and haven't had any trouble since going to her. Unfortunately, she doesn't take any insurance and I have signed up for Preferred Care Partners. I am so sad I have to lose her.
I have heard this about Aspen Dental many times it happened to me and many others. Is there a State Board we can go to to complain. This boarders on taking advantage of seniors or unlawful or at the very least deceptive medical practice. Any ideas?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I have a wonderfully genuine dentist , Dr. Manuel Middleton. He is patient and precise and gentle and caring and reasonable price-wise. His assistant is very knowledgeable herself. I wish I'd had them when I was much younger.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.