Dentist question

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2023, 12:18 PM
Sage
Default Dentist question

We've lived in T.V. for 14 years....I've had a few dentists. Some have left and a few I found not to my liking. I finally went with Grand Traverse Dental and was satisfied. We have Florida Blue for our Ins. and have been happy with it. I was to have had an app't with G.T. next week and JUST got a call saying they no longer take our insurance. Without going into personal details I mostly just see these folks for cleaning and check-ups. NOW I have to do a search for a new one and hopefully won't find someone that doesn't meet my expectations. I'd love a few names IF any of you folks also have Florida Blue. Don't make this thread into a long discussion about Insurance (as most times these threads get hi-jacked) but I'd like specific answers to my specific question. Thank you!!

******I called our insurance for a list and was e-mailed one. On it was Trailwinds Dentistry, Wildwood Dentistry on 44, Sumterlanding Dentistry and some others. I've read patient reviews in the past and many aren't given great ones. BUT I know it can be perspective from personal experience. This is beyond stressfull as it took sometime to find the last one due to Covid issues etc. Some didn't have hygenists back then and some didn't take new patients.

Last edited by NotGolfer; 08-08-2023 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2023, 02:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I would look outside TV if possible.
Old 08-08-2023, 02:14 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

My wildwood dentist experience was unpleasant
Old 08-08-2023, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
My wildwood dentist experience was unpleasant
The one on Main Street or the one on 44??
Old 08-08-2023, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

Absolutely stay away from Wildwood Dentistry on 44. They will try to sell you a new mouth. I took care of all my dental work right before we moved here including a crown. I went to Wildwood after we’d been here for six months for a cleaning. They said I needed a new crown, a root scraping, some type of laser treatment and a host of other things. They actually have a person come into the room while you’re in the dental chair and bring up on a TV screen the entire menu of things they want you to have done. They know everything your insurance will cover and try to get you to do all of it. Needless to say I got out of there as fast as I could.

I’ve since been going to Palm Ridge Dental up off of 466. They don’t take insurance and I don’t care. They do a good job without trying to bend you over. They will submit the paperwork to your insurance company for you for reimbursement though.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-09-2023, 07:04 PM

Trailwinds will not be taking Florida Blue beginning January 2024
Old 08-10-2023, 10:33 AM
Sage

Well this is a fine kettle of fish. I read reviews online. I doubt they can upsell much to me. I have thousands already in my mouth with implants and capped "teeth" that had root-canals. I mainly go for cleaning and check ups. I've read so many complaints online and had hesitated even inquiring. What one person experiences another may not. So time will tell on this one. I won't be doing too much of a search at this moment.
Closed Thread

Tags
folks, blue, question, insurance, florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.