Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
I also like this place. very good dental assistants
What place? You didn’t quote anyone.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:13 AM
Default Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
Another vote for Marion Dental. 352-259-0822. I see Dr. Wallace.
Another vote for Marion Dental: my wife and I have been going there to Dr. Bailey for 15 years. Couldn't be happier!
Old 09-29-2023, 11:25 AM

I have been very happy with Village Smiles. I believe he also has an office in Lake Deaton Plaza.

(Avoid Wildwood Dentist which is near Sparr off of 44. They tried all sorts of things to get you to buy extra services.)

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 09-29-2023, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking The University of Florida Dental School

If you don't mind the drive of it being an hour away, get an appointment with the dental school in Gainesville. Basic routine dental procedures are handled by the third and fourth year dental students under the supervision of staff dentists and the more involved things are done by the residents, still under the watchful eye of the staff dentists. The prices are probably half of what you would normally be paying and you will be told what to expect and at what cost beforehand.

If 352-273-5955 is not the correct number, they will redirect you to the right one. They do not accept walk-ins and you must be approved to enter into their program. I've been going there for years and am very happy with the work they do. It's well worth the drive.
Old 09-29-2023, 02:44 PM

If you need a periodontist.
(352) 259-6799
If you need a dentist, Dr. Tran or it’s Tray. Magnolia Plaza
(352) 525-2657
Got me right in when a crown split. Called stub 7:00 AM she said to come right in and got me to the periodontist that afternoon.
Old 09-29-2023, 02:51 PM
Default “Take insurance “

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Lifetime Dentistry on 441 is very good. They take all types of insurance too.
. Several posts mention offices that “take insurance “. I’m sure that you all mean that the office participates with your insurance. So this means that the office accepts what the insurance company pays as payment in full. Dental insurance companies have not kept up with modern dentistry, the improved techniques, materials & technology. They are still paying the Dentist the equivalent of Stone Age dental care. Please keep in mind that there is a staff to pay & you know you get what you pay for. Experience , proper sterilization, education, materials that have not expired, staff that is trained to handle a medical emergency should one arise while a patient is in the office. Be wary of offices that participate (accept a lower fee), ask where they have cut costs to allow for this reduced amount of income. Again, remember that they have staff to pay. Is their staff struggling because of low pay? Best way to find a great office is to ask your friends & neighbors & check Google reviews. Best wishes in your search.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:18 AM

You can go to most any dentist, but what you have to do is stand up for yourself. Tell the dentist you can not afford that type of work and request the basic cleaning. Stick to what you want and you will get it! I went to a dentist to get my teeth cleaned and they check my teeth and said I needed a deep cleaning and the cost would be $800. I told them I could not afford that and would not accept that type of cleaning. The price came down to $400 and I said nope, still too much. When I walked out of the dentist office with my first set of x-rays and a complete teeth cleaning I ended up paying a total of $98. Stand your ground and you will be fine. If they refuse go to another dentist.
Old 09-30-2023, 04:47 AM

I second Elite Dental - Dr Morcos and staff are wonderful and very reasonable. (352) 670-4777. Doesn’t take insurance but will complete paperwork for you to submit.
Old 09-30-2023, 07:17 AM

We had the same problem with Village Dental. They even used the scare tactic of you have a new problem. Now going to Marion Dental. Honest care and no selling or drama. Been there two years now and amazing. As they say "the sky is not falling" ever. On every visit. It is terrible to see those that fell for it n at the front desk and hear it will be 3 thousand to complete the procedure. Have faith. Hood luck.
Old 09-30-2023, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustnotes View Post
You can go to most any dentist, but what you have to do is stand up for yourself. Tell the dentist you can not afford that type of work and request the basic cleaning. Stick to what you want and you will get it! I went to a dentist to get my teeth cleaned and they check my teeth and said I needed a deep cleaning and the cost would be $800. I told them I could not afford that and would not accept that type of cleaning. The price came down to $400 and I said nope, still too much. When I walked out of the dentist office with my first set of x-rays and a complete teeth cleaning I ended up paying a total of $98. Stand your ground and you will be fine. If they refuse go to another dentist.
$98., you are getting what you paid for, very little. Ask yourself if you could pay rent, utilities, insurance, salaries, supplies and make a small profit for $98. for the hour. Too funny, people here pay more for their dog’s teeth cleanings.
Old 09-30-2023, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
$98., you are getting what you paid for, very little. Ask yourself if you could pay rent, utilities, insurance, salaries, supplies and make a small profit for $98. for the hour. Too funny, people here pay more for their dog’s teeth cleanings.
How much do you think the person doing the cleaning makes an hour. How often does anyone really need this deep cleaning that dentists down here are famous for selling to anyone walking in their door.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
I have been very happy with Village Smiles. I believe he also has an office in Lake Deaton Plaza.

(Avoid Wildwood Dentist which is near Sparr off of 44. They tried all sorts of things to get you to buy extra services.)
they also tried to get me to $$spend massive amounts.
Old 09-30-2023, 11:37 AM
Veteran member
Default A different angle ...

Most posters seem to have found a favorite. Can anyone commeent on a dentist or dental office that should be avoided no matter what (ignoring a focus on cosmetic work)? Thank you.
Old 09-30-2023, 08:29 PM
Default You got to be Kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richpetty42 View Post
Dr.David Price at Sumter Landing Dental Care is very good:

Sumter Landing Dental Care | Dentist | The Villages, FL
Signed up with Village Health June of 2022 to be able to get a GP and a Dentist. Well we tried Sumter Dental and their next available time for a new patient was November 16th. So a wait of 5 months for a cleaning !!! Two days before the November appointment the Sumter office called and needed to reschedule because the Doctor was not going be in. So I figured next week be OK but nooo February was the next available.
Well we had already found another dentist, but I wanted to play this out , so took the February date. February came and we showed up for the cleaning, but we were told full xrays and evaluation . The cleaning could only be scheduled after we had reviewed their $15,000 proposal for implants and other work. So the new cleaning date is now June of 2023.
That's right -- one year for a new patient with Sumter Dental to finally get a cleaning
Old 10-01-2023, 02:01 PM
Veteran member

We went to Sage Dental near Fenny (same building as Dunkin Donuts). They accept Delta Dental.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendations, dentist, work, dental, unnecessary

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.