Serious Concerns about Dermatologist

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Default Serious Concerns about Dermatologist

I recently had a spot removed from my face by Alliant. It required lots of stiches to repair. I am not a doctor but have strong reasons to believe the spot was nothing but a scab from a recent incident of weed eating. Alliant uses a lab? in Tarpon Springs (Clear Diagnostics) for pathology. This place (google it) looks like a dump. It is owned by an guy who is not a professional and does not have a resume supporting such capability and this place has only been in business 2 years. Why Tarpon Springs? Why not use Tampa Bay, Orlando, etc. This wreaks of the potential of false pathology reports and unnecessary surgery. I am very concerned.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM

I just checked the Clear Diagnostics Website and they have a "FAKE" setup. Now I am REALLY concerned.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
I just checked the Clear Diagnostics Website and they have a "FAKE" setup. Now I am REALLY concerned.
Do you mean they use the words Fictitious Name?

If so, I had run across this term being used before just in this state.

what does fictitious business name - Bing

Clear Diagnostics in Tarpon Springs, FL | Company Info & Reviews

We all three go to Dr. Casper and have confidence in him.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-01-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:15 AM

No, they use a fake picture for their staff. They give no credentials. The website has no real info.

I am not questioning (yet) Dr. Casper but their use of a very questionable lab for pathology results.

A Dermatologist is only as good as the pathology report.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
No, they use a fake picture for their staff. They give no credentials. The website has no real info.

I am not questioning (yet) Dr. Casper but their use of a very questionable lab for pathology results.

A Dermatologist is only as good as the pathology report.

All laboratories that test humans must meet certain standards established by the Feds. See the link below:

Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

There is a phone # in the upper right hand corner of the website for the lab you mentioned. Call and ask if they are CLIA certified. If you have any concerns call the FL Dept of Health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

I agree with your concern, it just doesn't sound right. Why would any doctor use a second rate lab?, there's no shortage of reputable labs. Dermatopathology is hard enough without having an amateur on the business end of the microscope.

On another note, if you thought it was just a scab from an injury, why run to the dermatologist unless it was there for 3 or 4 months, 6 weeks minimum?
Old 06-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I don't think it looks fake, there are lots of small business sites like this.

It looks like a typical cookie cutter web site build out of stock photos and set up by a web firm for a small business that doesn't want to a real ecommerce web site. The business just wants to say that they have one and use it as an advertisement that can be searched for on the web.

The site is registered with GoDaddy which has an inexpensive service that will put a basic site together for you and maintain it too. It might not be but it looks like one of the simple sites GoDaddy will cobble together for a business. Typically these sites have little real info, as you noted, and often have a lot of holes in them like this one does.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:07 AM

I went for my yearly check up and not because of the scab. Skin cancer does not run in my family and I never had any issues before. But THEY took the scab and sent it off to Clear Diagnostics.

Thanks dbussone for your comments. I was hoping someone would know the next step. I will follow up on your post's information.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
I went for my yearly check up and not because of the scab. Skin cancer does not run in my family and I never had any issues before. But THEY took the scab and sent it off to Clear Diagnostics.

Thanks dbussone for your comments. I was hoping someone would know the next step. I will follow up on your post's information.
His curriculum vitae is very good. But more than that he is kind and very good with people. And smart.

Alliant Dermatology - Dr. David Casper, MD

Almost all of us get some form of non life threatening skin cancer as we age. It doesn't have to "run in families". Only Melanoma scares me. The others are usually easily treatable with a surgery such as the one you experienced.

I don't think the lab building looks bad. It just looks like a building that would house a lab.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-01-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

I did a quick lookup for Clear Diagnostics on the CDC CLIA site and found this:

10D2096689 Independent
Certificate Of Compliance
Apls Services Llc D/b/a Clear Diagnostics
708 E Tarpon Ave
Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689
Tel: (727) 940-5210
Old 06-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
I recently had a spot removed from my face by Alliant. It required lots of stiches to repair. I am not a doctor but have strong reasons to believe the spot was nothing but a scab from a recent incident of weed eating. Alliant uses a lab? in Tarpon Springs (Clear Diagnostics) for pathology. This place (google it) looks like a dump. It is owned by an guy who is not a professional and does not have a resume supporting such capability and this place has only been in business 2 years. Why Tarpon Springs? Why not use Tampa Bay, Orlando, etc. This wreaks of the potential of false pathology reports and unnecessary surgery. I am very concerned.
Concerned enough to talk to the Doctor or his Office Manager? Concerned enough to find another Doctor?

Or just concerned enough to shot from the hip about "the potential of false pathology reports and unnecessary surgery"?

Do you think this guy in Tarpon Springs is sitting in his kitchen with a butter knife and magnifying glass?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Concerned enough to talk to the Doctor or his Office Manager? Concerned enough to find another Doctor?

Or just concerned enough to shot from the hip about "the potential of false pathology reports and unnecessary surgery"?

Do you think this guy in Tarpon Springs is sitting in his kitchen with a butter knife and magnifying glass?
I think the OP should listen to you. Like most of us who hear the word cancer, it scares us. BUT... The lab is properly licensed with the right accredidation and so is the doctor.Both me and my husband have had skin cancer removal and our daughter has had a couple of suspicious things removed. We had a good dermatologist in Ohio too. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. There are some dermatologists who do unnecessary surgeries and you may have heard about them, but Dr. Casper isn't one of them, in my opinion.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-01-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
I did a quick lookup for Clear Diagnostics on the CDC CLIA site and found this:

10D2096689Independent

Certificate Of Compliance

Apls Services Llc D/b/a Clear Diagnostics

708 E Tarpon Ave

Tarpon Springs, FL, 34689

Tel: (727) 940-5210

Good work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:

Magic question-----did they ask you how long that scab was there before exposing you to a $200 "skin lesion removal" and a $150 pathology bill??????
Old 06-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
I go to Dr. Casper and he will not cut unless necessary. I've been going to him for 7 years and find him to be very professional.
Closed Thread

Tags
pathology, place, tarpon, springs, spot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.