Dermatologist recommendation

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer222 View Post
Looking for a general dermatologist to do a good skin survey. Wanting a female physician (not a PA or NP) no further than Ocala or Leesburg. Thank you for any recommendations.
I've been going to MacGinnis Dermatology for over 10 years. Very capable, very nice.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Looking for a general dermatologist to do a good skin survey. Wanting a female physician (not a PA or NP) no further than Ocala or Leesburg. Thank you for any recommendations.
I have been going to Dr. Colleen MacInnis for many years. She has an office at Laurel Manor
352-350-5230.
Excellent doctor, she is a Mohs surgeon also and very personable.
Old 08-20-2022, 02:54 PM
Default Steer clear of Advanced Dermatology

Avoid Advanced Dermatology. No doctors, just nurses.
Horrible dealing with them.
Very unprofessional.
Will never go back.
Old 08-20-2022, 03:52 PM
Default recommendation of dermatologist

Quote:
I recommend Dr. Joanna Bolton at Alliant Dermatology that has office at Sumter Landing across from Barnes and Noble bookstore. She is competent, professional and friendly. I have been going to her for 4 years . The telephone number is 352-399-7295
Old 08-20-2022, 04:01 PM
Default Dr Holloway

Quote:
Dr Holloway
Old 08-20-2022, 08:14 PM
Default Best Certified Dermatologist

Dr. Brandon Markus at The Dermatology Institute in Brownwood is the only skin cancer surgeon with a Fellowship in Moh's surgery. Other dermatologists perform the surgery but it doesn't mean they have been Certified to do it. Skin cancer is dangerous and should not be taken lightly.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:16 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I used Advance Dermatology and was not impressed. One cream did not work and the doctor was pretty obnoxious about it. Visited again and saw a PA, who did his job supporting the first doctor but gave me a separate cream, who yawned through the whole appointment. So sorry I bored him. Did not go back.
Old 08-21-2022, 08:46 AM

Dr Casper at Advance Dematology is good. However, if you go there you need to keep a close eye on their billing. Both my wife and I were told we owed over
$300 each when we went for treatment. We had not recieved a statement from them in over 1 year. We were told that they had outsourced their billing to another company and they were taking the billing back in house because the contract company had messed things up. Very difficult to determine how much we really owed when looking at their bill and trying to see all the payments from insurance, medicare and the payments we made. Needless to say we are looking for a new dermatologist also.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1921 View Post
Dr Casper at Advance Dematology is good. However, if you go there you need to keep a close eye on their billing. Both my wife and I were told we owed over
$300 each when we went for treatment. We had not recieved a statement from them in over 1 year. We were told that they had outsourced their billing to another company and they were taking the billing back in house because the contract company had messed things up. Very difficult to determine how much we really owed when looking at their bill and trying to see all the payments from insurance, medicare and the payments we made. Needless to say we are looking for a new dermatologist also.
Unless there are two of them Dr. Caper is with Alliant Dermatology.

Alliant Dermatology and Vein Center - Dr. David Casper, MD

Old 08-21-2022, 08:31 PM
Default Dermatologist

I see Dr. Bolton with Alliant Dermatology. She is very pleasant and very thorough. I have been going to her for a few years now.
Closed Thread

Tags
dermatologist, leesburg, ocala, physician, recommendation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.