Diabetes and Sugar Substitutes

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
are all chemically inferior sugar substitutes and some are even worse than aspertame. Some are also neuro toxins like aspertame. Stevia is the sweetener of choice as it is plant based. Do not be fooled by the marketing of the other sweeteners, just follow the money and you will see that your health is not their first concern! Just because you do not experience apparent adverse affects, it does not mean that the substance is OK or will not result in problems down the line. If you google any of the substitutes and read about them from sources other than the manufacturers, you will get a better picture of what they are. Remember that the doctors get their info from the drug suppliers and that many of them are major contributors to the Diabetic Association. Sorry for getting on my soap box but it really upsets me to hear of so many who are being led around by Big Pharma and the FDA. I've pasted in a link that is much more eloquent than I am and gives you the info you are seeking. I'll get down now. Sorry if I offended anyone. That is not my intention.

To your good health,
LW888

Yes, aspertame is a neuro toxin. I wonder why it is still allowed to be in vitamins like Centrum Silver Chewables as well as in Centrum children's vitamins? Brand name vitamins. Also in sugar free soft drinks and other sugar free stuff.

To everyone who might be taking aspartame without realizing it, check out this hyperlink.....it's a very long article..........but when you begin to read the symptoms..........even restless leg syndrome is attributed to aspartame which first came upon the news scene regarding the GULF WAR SYNDROME.......with vets returning with strange symptoms.

Have a friend now with the burning in extremeties......so many of our odd and unusual ailments could be attributed to aspartame......we have to read all the labels very carefully..........even if we do not consume junk foods.

Vitamins??? Who would think? But after the New England steroid injections being tainted and causing meningitis......why should we be surprised at anything the big or small pharmaceutical companies sneak past us.

The vegans and vegetarians on this post have done an admirable job on promoting NATURAL FOODS that do not come in a box or frozen package, however........do any of you guys and gals know the symptoms of aspartame poisoning? As above poster said, it is indeed a neuro toxin.

Just food for thought (Keep scrolling down.......it will take a long time to read and digest)

p.s. I just removed the hyperlink after I read it a second time and noticed that it had mention of a long dead "P" person who might be deemed to be "p" even though the major body of this article is on the neuro toxin aspartame and it's symptoms which are quite plentiful and shocking.......perhaps you can find it on your own at tuber rose under aspartame.........very long article.

Last edited by senior citizen; 10-27-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: I removed the hyperlink which was at tuberrose.com on aspartame
Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Sage

I used Splenda for a long time, but I finally found that it was contributing to my insomnia. It may be safe, and insomnia may not be one of the known side effects, but since I stopped using it, I sleep better. I'm using mostly Stevia
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I used Splenda for a long time, but I finally found that it was contributing to my insomnia. It may be safe, and insomnia may not be one of the known side effects, but since I stopped using it, I sleep better. I'm using mostly Stevia
I'm not diabetic but I drink my coffee and tea without any sugar or its substitute. Just one cup a day.

This article, re the aspartame, is nothing new.........I found a lot of info , yet when one tries to contact a company like Centrum........they are impossible to reach........or deny deny deny. Suposedly it's also in Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.

Just too many people and children out there nowadays with weird symptoms in the neurological category........even those who do not consume soda or diet type foods...........maybe some Gulf War Vets might chime in.....on what they remember from the soda sitting out in the desert for long periods of time that had aspartame in it........

The toxins in aspartame have also been accused of the rash of brain tumors......(besides cell phones)..........we have quite a few in our town in younger folks.

Time to go back to the simpler days of plain foods and beverages.

FOR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN.........HERE IS THE F.D.A. ON ASPARTAME..............assuming you do not go over the limit per day.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerc...home/aspartame
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Sugar Substitutes and Diabetes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I have been using Splenda as my sugar substitute for years with no adverse effects? Are Sweet & Low, Equal, Splenda all the same?
Has anyone heard of this Slimtevia. I get an internet newsletter called ‘Trick’ Your Taste Buds And ‘Treat’ Your Bones | Save Our Bones and this sweetener was mentioned in her latest online newsletter.

I am fortunate not to like anything sweet other than fresh fruit, but I find this subject interesting. We are told to stay off sugar, then the powers that be bring out sweet poisons ............ might as well use real sugar, it cannot be as bad as manufactured "stuff".

By the way, a new club has formed in TV called Diabetes, perfect control. It is on page 39 of this week's Recreation News. It is run by a retired Professor, an Emeritus Professor of medicine, and he is good. Knows this stuff inside out. If you are diabetic you might want to check him out 10am to noon on Fridays at Hibiscus. He is the real deal and you get his knowledge for free ................... cannot do better than that.

And, no, I am not married to him and I'm not diabetic either, but I went to a weight loss group he leads and I think he is amazing.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.