Dismiss from rehab

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
A friend was here when social services opened. I am going home tomorrow at 10am!!!!

Thanks to all. I really appreciated all of the replies.

Ill had hip revision to repair a bad THR that I had in January.

Thanks again!
Congrats on your Happy Outcome.
Good Luck in your continued recooperation!
Be Patient with your recovery and enjoy being back HOME!

All of us should remember that there is a "Patient Bill of Rights"
and a Social Worker and/or a Gerontologist is your Advocate.

Always ask for a professional case management representative from either of those two disiplines to visit you early in your hospital or rehabilitation stay.

This is their job. They will eagerly respond, especially in cases of anticipated extended stay.
Old 05-25-2023, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Please, this is no joke. I am in rehab and they won’t let me out. I have been in here 16 days after hip revision. I have no pain and have taking cAre of myself since Saturday. I have been trying to be dismissed since Monday.

Who can I call or where do I go for help?

Their excuse is that I need more therapy. I already have home therapy health set up for when I go home.

If I call the office I get voice mail.
Do not leave AMA - against medical advice... you'll get stuck with the bill. They are trying to get those Medicare dollars for the first 20 days. Call the Dept.of Elder Affairs...Elder Helpline 1-800-963-5337 - DOEA
Old 05-25-2023, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Please, this is no joke. I am in rehab and they won’t let me out. I have been in here 16 days after hip revision. I have no pain and have taking cAre of myself since Saturday. I have been trying to be dismissed since Monday.

Their excuse is that I need more therapy. I already have home therapy health set up for when I go home.

Threaten to sue for false imprisonment and health care fraud
Old 05-25-2023, 03:57 PM
Default No joke for sure

Quote:

I was in a facility in Michigan after major back surgery, 4 days post op when I arrived (on a Saturday) worst experience of my life I almost left during the first day it was horrible when Monday rolled around and all the regular staff was there I kept complaining that no one would show up for scheduled meds and a laundry list of complaints. I spoke with the case manager thank goodness she was in her office and explained that I was doing everything myself getting out of bed going to the restroom myself and all of this was against doctors orders so 1 by 1 everyone came in and all agreed to discharge me so go walk to the office and complain like crazy it just might get you a discharge
Old 05-26-2023, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travilinggal View Post
They can bill insurance companies up to 21 days, so guarantee your discharge will occur on the 22nd day.
Unfortunately you are probably right. Medicine, hospital stays, DME, Pharmacies, are after all businesses. They may soak Medicare for as much as they can get. I have a Bipap and am constantly hocked with offers to resupply hoses, masks etc because Medicare will pay. TV commercials often have the same message: Medicare will pay.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:03 PM
Default go

have your therapy people call - I already have home therapy health set up for when I go home.

If I call the office I get voice mail.[/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Tags
rehab, home, therapy, excuse, dismiss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.