Do you have a plan to "defeat" or slow down aging?

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Village PL

The information on Psych K is the addendum and Dr. Bruce now uses the developer in his workshop presentations. The K is for Kinesiology and is one of the many kinesiology practices that have all grown from TFH as I mentioned in my previous post. It is one way that Dr. Bruce has discovered to change limiting beliefs and there are many other avenues that will lead to the same outcome. This link comes from the EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) World Summit 2011 and more and more people are using the process and finding better and faster results so the Quantum Matrix is expanding exponentially and it is very exciting. Even if you have read Dr. Bruce's Book, his talk is worth listening to as he is so clear and more current as the book was written in 2005.

Healing can happen on so many levels in so many ways and each affects the other. It's like a mobile; you can't touch one piece without all the others moving too. Each person will enter the "matrix" through which ever door opens for him/her and through which he/she chooses to enter.

LW888
Old 07-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Gold member

I watched the whole video. Seemed repetitive. I kept hoping that he would close out with a way to reprogram the subconscious mind. Big letdown.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Veteran member

In fact in his (Dr. Bruce) book and in his workshops he does talk about changing beliefs and this link is from an annual gathering of Emotional Freedom Technique practitioners where he was a keynote speaker. This was just a "short" interview about his worldview and Quantum Theory understanding. There definitely are a number of ways to shift beliefs. He has a Psych-K presenter with him in his workshop presentations.

My practice of 30+ years was focussed on using and teaching protocols from NLP, EFT and other types of Kinesiology that are practiced world wide. By changing our limiting beliefs, we can change the way we respond to life situations. In fact that is all that we actually have control over.......not other people or situations, but over our responses to other people and situations. And those responses come from our beliefs that have developed from our (early) life history and often we don't realize that they are forming the basis of our conclusions and responses.

We have different ways of accessing the beliefs and clients are often very surprised about what the think they believe and what belief is operating at the subconscious level (eg, It is safe for me to be healthy, vs. I need to stay unwell) Dr. Bruce calls this the "tape recorder" part of the consciousness in his talk. This is often at the heart of why many efforts to get "well" seem to not hit the mark. It isn't intentional or conscious, but it is very powerful and can sabotage any best intentions.

LW888
Old 07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
In fact in his (Dr. Bruce) book and in his workshops he does talk about changing beliefs and this link is from an annual gathering of Emotional Freedom Technique practitioners where he was a keynote speaker. This was just a "short" interview about his worldview and Quantum Theory understanding. There definitely are a number of ways to shift beliefs. He has a Psych-K presenter with him in his workshop presentations.

My practice of 30+ years was focussed on using and teaching protocols from NLP, EFT and other types of Kinesiology that are practiced world wide. By changing our limiting beliefs, we can change the way we respond to life situations. In fact that is all that we actually have control over.......not other people or situations, but over our responses to other people and situations. And those responses come from our beliefs that have developed from our (early) life history and often we don't realize that they are forming the basis of our conclusions and responses.

We have different ways of accessing the beliefs and clients are often very surprised about what the think they believe and what belief is operating at the subconscious level (eg, It is safe for me to be healthy, vs. I need to stay unwell) Dr. Bruce calls this the "tape recorder" part of the consciousness in his talk. This is often at the heart of why many efforts to get "well" seem to not hit the mark. It isn't intentional or conscious, but it is very powerful and can sabotage any best intentions.

LW888
Thanks for the explanation of what it's about. If that's what it's about, you don't have to sell me on the idea. I believe it. I had stress induced childhood asthma. It started when I was 9, the year that my brother died in a truck accident. My asthma was thought to be caused by allergies.

When I was about 14 I borrowed my older brother's text book, "An Introduction to Psychology". I wasn't thinking about asthma; I was just reading it out of curiosity. Then I came across some information concerning childhood asthma. It said that asthma could be psychosomatic and triggered by some event in the past. And the cure would likely be to realize what the event was. So I thought back to the year that my brother died (he was 12) and I realized that his dying was the event that triggered my asthma. That's all it took; I never had another asthma attack since that time.

I have since studied psychology in school, and out of school as well. I have read my fair share of psychology books. I even have a certificate in hypnosis, the result of taking a class in hypnosis. So I don't feel as though I don't know what motivates me and I don't have emotional hang-ups over food, or anything else for that matter.

But I agree that what you are suggesting could be good for some people.
I'm not sure if it will necessarily lead them to the best diet of "natural whole foods" but it may help them if they have emotional-eating issues.

Last edited by Villages PL; 07-12-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Veteran member
Default Villages PL,

Just as an addendum, I believe that because the brain has to process and often visualize what you don't want before it can cancel that and imagine what you do want, it is more useful to be moving towards what you do want than it is to move away from what you don't want. So eating "whole food" in order to achieve more wellness is a better way of verbalizing it to yourself and others, than eating "whole food" to avoid illness. In the latter you will visualize illness first before you imagine wellness, while in the former, you never have to visualize illness and it is easier to compute in the brain as it is a one step process. I am not suggesting that you aren't doing this, but just thought it was worth considering when we talk to people about wellness and diet etc.

The other thing about visualizing illness is that the body parts all respond even for a second while you are having that image as the brain computes real and imagined as the same thing, so it doesn't distinguish between the two on a physical level. That is why we have visceral reactions like grunting when we see someone getting body checked or physically assaulted (like boxing).

So ease of processing becomes the path of least resistance and that is why it is so important to practice forward thinking and other "towards" actions so that they become habitual and log into long term memory and then you will more easily be driving your own bus on the paths of your own choosing and that is really the foundation for self-empowerment and self-esteem. I think that in part is why TV is so appealing as there are so many paths we can choose to follow and we now have the time and space to go and do what ever floats our boat. Bon Appetit!

LW888
Old 07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes I have a plan. I just haven't implemented it...YET. :-)
Old 07-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Sage

maybe a trip to the ER will prompt you to get a plan implemented
Old 07-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
maybe a trip to the ER will prompt you to get a plan implemented
Boy Howdy.

There are NO guarantees that eating vegan is gonna protect you from the maladies of mankind.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Sage

Nothing is guaranteed, but is guaranteed that eating vegetarian or better yet vegan is gonna greatly improve the chances of NOT getting many medical maladies.

Gracie, that is a fact.

Except it can't stop lightening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.