Doctors Office Staffing

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Sage
Default Doctors Office Staffing

I would like other opinions as to why some doctor staffs, have a high turnover rate? Is it because:
1. They don't like that particular job and leave for greener pastures?
2. Is the doctor a PITA, to work for?
3. They are happy in their job but found something closer to home with less hours?
4. Has the worforce changed, in that most people don't want to work hard?

I was wondering as I have been happy with doctors office staff, and I have seen turnover of people, that I truly liked.

I have also experience and was informed by a previous doctors office staff member, that his office was run in an unfriendly environment. They had to check everything through him. When I called for anything, the nurse had to send him an e-mail even though she passed him in the hall a hundred times, in the course of a business day. Whoa!!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I would like other opinions as to why some doctor staffs, have a high turnover rate? Is it because:
1. They don't like that particular job and leave for greener pastures?
2. Is the doctor a PITA, to work for?
3. They are happy in their job but found something closer to home with less hours?
4. Has the worforce changed, in that most people don't want to work hard?

I was wondering as I have been happy with doctors office staff, and I have seen turnover of people, that I truly liked.

I have also experience and was informed by a previous doctors office staff member, that his office was run in an unfriendly environment. They had to check everything through him. When I called for anything, the nurse had to send him an e-mail even though she passed him in the hall a hundred times, in the course of a business day. Whoa!!!!
I have noticed the same phenomenon at my family doctor's office. His office staff was provided by a third party contractor who often moved personnel around to staff other clinics from time to time.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Platinum member

I worked in Dr's offices. Two of the Dr's were the best!!!! Loved, loved working for them. No one ever left to work anywhere else. They would never be able to find better bosses than these two Dr's. In later years, worked for a difficult Dr and he went through techs and office staff regularly......it all depends on the Doctor!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Gold member

It's probably like any other office like the many I've worked in:

There are bosses who hire you because you're a workhorse and not a show horse, and because you do a good job that makes them look good and they appreciate that.

And then there are bosses who hire somebody else because they tell the boss what he wants to hear, and they kiss butt.

End of story.

Last edited by sunnyatlast; 11-09-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
I have noticed the same phenomenon at my family doctor's office. His office staff was provided by a third party contractor who often moved personnel around to staff other clinics from time to time.

I am betting on your theory and I go to the same doctor as 2BNTV.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My long term family doctor had some very long term employees but had problems hiring new employees. They did not like the hours the office needed them or could not do the work.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:13 PM

I have worked in many physician offices and some were great and some were not. When they're bad they're really bad. The stress can be tough if you are working with them one-on-one with their schedule, their phone calls, their billing, etc. things are a little different now than they were years ago as many physicians are in a managed care setting vs being in a solo practice, so a lot of the details are handled by others..such as billing, nurses handle most calls, appt's are done via computer. I had been yelled at many times over things not in my control such as a patient being late, a patient's phone call, etc. IMHO things seem better than that now. The salaries are pretty low too so that can probably create a turnover. Also, a bad office manager can be te reason and not necessarily the physician.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.