Dr.Alfred Cook

Old 03-03-2024, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Simple question, simple answer please. Where does Dr. Alfred Cook do surgery? Thank you.
To get the correct answer, go to his office in person and ask his staff there. It is very difficult getting through by phone..although you may get through by phone toward the middle of the day.. He’s a very popular Dr.
Old 03-03-2024, 05:21 PM
Default Dr. Alred Cook

Quote:
Simple question, simple answer please. Where does Dr. Alfred Cook do surgery? Thank you.
Had knee surgery by him at TLC. Believe he is part owner according to some paperwork I signed.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
He did my shoulder replacement at the surgery center attached (behind) TV hospital. I don’t know if he does it elsewhere, but I was not offered any options, so I don’t think so.
When did you have it done? And how did it come out? I had one done a couple years ago in Texas and now I need the other one done. I’ve met him and he seems pretty good but I’d like some references from people. He’s operated on.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:21 PM

When did you have it done? And are you happy with the results? Thank you.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:24 PM
Default Shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourjoy View Post
Dr Cook did my right shoulder last May. It was a total reverse. I went to rehab at Buffalo Ridge right after the surgery. Rehab started my first day there. After 20 days, I went home. I had PT at my house 3 days a week. I wore a sling for 5 weeks. That was the worst part for me. After I got the sling off, I went to PT at his office. That was twice a week. It was a lot. But it was worth it. I’m a swimmer and I can do the backstroke. That was important to me. I go about my day doing the things I could do before the replacement. The surgery and Dr. Cook we’re God sent for me.
That’s great! I had a reverse replacement also two years ago, and it went pretty well, I could pull my bow back. But he said I couldn’t lift more than 20 pounds overhead. Glad to hear.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:02 AM

He did my shoulder at the outpatient surgery center. Between Sharon Morse and the hospital building
Old 03-04-2024, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I broke my shoulder 2 years go and Urgent Care referred me to him. I called and called, left messages with the very rude person who answered the phone (I believe her name was Carrie), I never received a return call, called back and was told to NOT call again and the doctor would call me! I had general questions, where to go for a good sling for my arm/shoulder, she said to ask the doctor when he calls. He NEVER called! The next year my neighbor broke her shoulder and wanted me to go to the dr with her so I drove her but then found out, it was Dr Cook. I sat and listened for any info that was important to remember for her and then my neighbor told him that I broke my shoulder the year before. He asked me who I went to and told him NOBODY since I never got a call back from him and his office was so rude (Carrie). He apologized and told me he would look into it and I told him 'too late'. He was concerned that I didn't have a range of motion so I showed him that I could lift my arms up high and touch the back of my neck and my back... full range. He asked how I did it and told him I did my own rehab! I told him that the x-rays were sent to his office and I had a break in 2 places..... Advised him to look at it! I absolutely will NEVER refer anyone to his practice!!! I'm sure the person that was so rude was one of the doctor's wife or girlfriend or relative!!
Old 03-04-2024, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I broke my shoulder 2 years ago and Urgent Care referred me to him. I called and called, left messages with the very rude person who answered the phone (I believe her name was Carrie), I never received a return call, called back and was told to NOT call again and the doctor would call me! I had general questions, where to go for a good sling for my arm/shoulder, she said to ask the doctor when he calls. He NEVER called! The next year my neighbor broke her shoulder and wanted me to go to the dr with her so I drove her but then found out, it was Dr Cook. I sat and listened for any info that was important to remember for her and then my neighbor told him that I broke my shoulder the year before. He asked me who I went to and told him NOBODY since I never got a call back from him and his office was so rude (Carrie). He apologized and told me he would look into it and I told him 'too late'. He was concerned that I didn't have a range of motion so I showed him that I could lift my arms up high and touch the back of my neck and my back... full range. He asked how I did it and told him I did my own rehab! I told him that the x-rays were sent to his office and I had a break in 2 places..... Advised him to look at it! I absolutely will NEVER refer anyone to his practice!!! I'm sure the person that was so rude was one of the doctor's wife or girlfriend or relative!!
Old 03-13-2024, 03:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanajim View Post
When did you have it done? And how did it come out? I had one done a couple years ago in Texas and now I need the other one done. I’ve met him and he seems pretty good but I’d like some references from people. He’s operated on.
Sorry it took so long to respond. He did a very good job on my reverse shoulder replacement, and after recovery I am at about 95%. Do NOT expect 100% use after this surgery, as there will be a few limitations, as I am sure you know from your previous experience.

Unfortunately, like you, I have to have my other shoulder replaced-fully torn rotator cuff. I’m going to wait awhile to have that done, but when I do, I’ll have Dr. Cook do it. He’s been busier than normal the last 6 months or so as he lost his PA. Last I spoke with him (Dec. 31), he’d been looking for another PA, which should help.

I have NEVER had a bad experience with his office staff. All friendly and helpful, but they probably respond to patients in the same manner in which the staff is treated by the patients.

Tags
cook, simple, dr.alfred, question, answer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.