Dr Jordahl leaving The Villages Health?

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
THe fact is, The Villages Health couldn't sustain their model by accepting the reimbursement rates of most insurance companies. Those "good patients" didn't have insurance that reimbursed enough to sustain the model that the Villages is trying to build. The Villages has a model where yearly or every 6 mo. patient appointments are 30 or 60 minutes, being able to see a PA or Nurse practitioner same day. You can't have that with reimbursement rates of most insurance companies. And you're not going to attract physicians if you have the "revolving door" model of most facilities (revolving door because they have to make a profit).

United Healthcare in 2017 made 15.2 BILLION DOLLAR PROFIT! GUESS who is paying for the 15.2 billion dollar profit while patients are denied essential services and access to the latest drugs?????

UnitedHealth Group Reports 2017 Results Highlighted by Continued Strong and Diversified Growth | Business Wire
Old 09-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethinflorida View Post
United Healthcare in 2017 made 15.2 BILLION DOLLAR PROFIT! GUESS who is paying for the 15.2 billion dollar profit while patients are denied essential services and access to the latest drugs?????

UnitedHealth Group Reports 2017 Results Highlighted by Continued Strong and Diversified Growth | Business Wire
United Health Care is a large National Insurance Company. In fact this year it leads Humana, Cigna, and Aetna as largest. We use United Health Care and are not denied any services or access to the latest drugs.

Not to be confused with the Villages Health Care System which is a bunch of buildings in The Villages, Florida that house physicians, PA's and office staff. The Villages Health Care System has been established and is currently owned by TheVillagesInc.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethinflorida View Post

I have a number of friends who have UHC-A and have a Villages primary care physician. I've never heard one of them complain about being denied essential services or the latest drugs. I do have one friend that TVH referred "out of network" (so UHC-A paid for an out of network facility and physician). My physician insisted on a "name brand" migraine med... which UHC paid for vs. the generic. So, my personal experience is the opposite of your claim.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Sage

Not exactly. The only people kicked off, that I am aware of, were Medicare patients (with various supplemental or gap plans) who didn't want to switch to the UHC Medicare Advantage Plan. With Medicare Advantage, there is a block of money transferred to UHC from Medicare regardless of the amount of medical care needed and Medicare is off the hook. I am not on Medicare and The Villages Health Care has no problem with my insurance company and they are "in network".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
THe fact is, The Villages Health couldn't sustain their model by accepting the reimbursement rates of most insurance companies. Those "good patients" didn't have insurance that reimbursed enough to sustain the model that the Villages is trying to build. The Villages has a model where yearly or every 6 mo. patient appointments are 30 or 60 minutes, being able to see a PA or Nurse practitioner same day. You can't have that with reimbursement rates of most insurance companies. And you're not going to attract physicians if you have the "revolving door" model of most facilities (revolving door because they have to make a profit).

Last edited by biker1; 09-25-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Veteran member

You are right. It was Medicare patients that had to switch to UHC-A. TVH will accept other insurance for patients not on Medicare. So... people younger than 65 - you can potentially go to a Primary Care Physician at TVH.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel

I got a phone message Saturday stating he is leaving to move back to Michigan. I need to pick another doctor from Colony. Any recommendations?
Old 10-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
I got a phone message Saturday stating he is leaving to move back to Michigan. I need to pick another doctor from Colony. Any recommendations?
My understanding is that Dr. Jordahl will recommend another physician in Colony based on your medical history. I've also heard if you would like to talk to Dr. Jordahl about your new physician, you can call and get an appointment to talk to him. They will try to match the patient with the right physician.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, health, jordahl, leaving, caring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.