Dr. Tran, Village Dermatology

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Default Dr. Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Tran and his office staff, and their general procedures? Is it usually a long wait in the office?
Both my husband and I go to Dr. Tran. We can't say enough about him. Like so many medical facilities here, his office staff could improve their bedside manner but we've had good experiences with Dr. Tran and his assistants. I love "Phil", a PA there. In fact, going to see her tomorrow. My husband just had MOHS surgery by Dr. Tran and he did an outstanding job. We've never had long waits in the office either. I would recommend him highly.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:18 PM

Dr Lily Tran (GI) is not married to Dr Tran (dermatologist). Her husband is Dr. Han, general surgeon.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:03 AM
Gold member

Been going to Dr Tran for 4 years now, after being referred by my family physician. Had some real issues with my ears, and they did biopsy, and then surgery, and everything like new again. I had a job being outside all my life, (mailman) and the problems started then, and then intensified with the Florida sun. (Oh Well) I get a check up every 6 months and also have Phil PA, and she is the nicest person, with a pleasant attitude, who tends to business. Highly recommend the office and the staff
Old 09-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Both my husband and I have been "rescheduled" for biopsies at Dr. Tran's. Also, after a biopsy on my husband's forehead, which came back positive, when he went in to have it frozen off, they got the wrong spot. I caught it when he got home, and they got him back in and got the correct spot, so no problem.

I don't understand why they didn't just go ahead and freeze it off in the first place. I would understand a little more if it's actually surgery.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:47 PM

My mother had MOH's surgery done by Dr. Tran a couple of years ago and was very pleased with his work. Her dermatologist back in Ohio said he had done an excellent job. I need a good dermatologist and wanted to go to him, but they don't accept United Health Care! Go figure...
Old 02-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Default I have quit Dr. Tran

I and two others have left Dr. Tran as we feel the practice is a well run scam. My brothers Primary also steered brother away with the same conclusion. The PA will cut no matter what and usually an area that is out of site. I had two problems but the PA found neither one until I made a separate appointment and pointed the area on my face that was cancer. They missed it twice. I will never go back and I do not recommend the office.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:40 AM

I went to Dr. Tran's office for a number of years. I almost always had to wait ---and it has gotten worse in recent years. Last time they took five biopsies which turned out to be nothing. Same thing happening to friends. If you go there, they will cut. I found someone else recommended by a friend.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
I went to Dr. Tran's office for a number of years. I almost always had to wait ---and it has gotten worse in recent years. Last time they took five biopsies which turned out to be nothing. Same thing happening to friends. If you go there, they will cut. I found someone else recommended by a friend.
The red above just is not a true statement.
If you are willing to chastise Dr. Tran why not tell us who you "found"?
Old 02-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The red above just is not a true statement.
If you are willing to chastise Dr. Tran why not tell us who you "found"?
I agree with billethkid. Dr Tran and Phil have saved me from melanoma. That biopsy you think is unnecessary could be the one that changes your life. I go every 90 days and if Phil sees anything remiss, I want it biopsied. I am thankful for Dr. Tran and have full confidence in him and his staff. Philomena is a compassionate, wonderful woman. I owe much to her good eyes.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraurauch View Post
Dr. Lily Tran is a Gastroenterologist; Dr. Thi Tran is a Dermatologist. They are husband and wife, but have two different practices.
Dr. Lilly Tran, GI, is married to Dr. Han, General Surgeon, not Dr. Tran the dermatologist.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:49 PM

Well I went one time to Dr. Tran, saw his PA and he had to do MOHS surgery on my back… When I went for the surgery I asked the woman assistant if from now on I could see the Doctor for my appointments she said that "the doctor does not see clinic patients". I never went back…. I have medicare. When it comes to cancer I want to see the physician… be diagnosed by the physician… and do not want to be considered a "lesser" patient because I have medicare.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Sage

Douglas, I am not on Medicare and still choose to go to Dr. Tran. I think Phil is very skilled and does her job well. Hope you are happy with your new Doc.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMo View Post
Well I went one time to Dr. Tran, saw his PA and he had to do MOHS surgery on my back… When I went for the surgery I asked the woman assistant if from now on I could see the Doctor for my appointments she said that "the doctor does not see clinic patients". I never went back…. I have medicare. When it comes to cancer I want to see the physician… be diagnosed by the physician… and do not want to be considered a "lesser" patient because I have medicare.
Having Medicare is not the reason the Nurse Practioner sees you. That happens to be way they operate. Dr. Tran focuses on surgery. You can also ASK to see him....he will stop in between surgeries. I am speaking from personal experience......and have done so more than once.

They do not view you or anybody else as a lessor patient due to being on Medicare. You are entitled to an opinion, however you are incorrect on this one. If one does not like how this office operates, then you should move on to whatever or wherever it is that will make you feel more comfortable......and whole.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
I agree with billethkid. Dr Tran and Phil have saved me from melanoma. That biopsy you think is unnecessary could be the one that changes your life. I go every 90 days and if Phil sees anything remiss, I want it biopsied. I am thankful for Dr. Tran and have full confidence in him and his staff. Philomena is a compassionate, wonderful woman. I owe much to her good eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Having Medicare is not the reason the Nurse Practioner sees you. That happens to be way they operate. Dr. Tran focuses on surgery. You can also ASK to see him....he will stop in between surgeries. I am speaking from personal experience......and have done so more than once.

They do not view you or anybody else as a lessor patient due to being on Medicare. You are entitled to an opinion, however you are incorrect on this one. If one does not like how this office operates, then you should move on to whatever or wherever it is that will make you feel more comfortable......and whole.
Though I've already commented in this thread, I would like to do so again. I completely agree with samhass and billethkid. Medicare has nothing to do with how they structure their office. I never forget that melanoma is for life, which sounds strange, as it is a killer. What I mean is that one is never "cured" of melanoma as one can be of other cancers.

I go back every three months, which is pretty frequent, but my body does tend to produce new lesions constantly, and yes, I've never left the office without several biopsies being done. However, to reiterate, I've never had a series of biopsies that did not result in several being pre-melanoma lesions. I do not consider this "cutting for cutting's sake" (or "cutting for ability to collect more from my insurance company")!

I agree that anyone who is not comfortable with this approach to dealing with skin cancers (who would prefer to wait till the potential for skin cancer is more advanced) should go elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still alive after dealing with Clark's Level 3 melanoma thanks to the conscientiousness and knowledge of a PA who singlemindedly does what in my opinion she is supposed to do in terms of "cutting." And I know that the doctor is available when I need him which, thanks to the PA, has become less and less frequent.

My first visit to a different dermatology practice when I moved to TV (my mistake...) was a nightmare, and I've continued to hear horror stories about that practice, even though their setup was the same, with a PA cutting and the MD only when necessary (except there I never got to see the MD). On a recommendation several years ago, I found Village Dermatology (Dr. Tran's practice), and I continue to be extraordinarily grateful to them!

Last edited by twinklesweep; 02-02-2014 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Clearer wording.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Dr. Lily Tran the gastroenterologist is not married to Dr. Tran the dermatologist.

We like Dr. Casper at Allied Dermatology on 466 across from the Haciendas at Mission Hills. He opened his practice here about a year ago.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.