Dr. Tran, Village Dermatology

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2014, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Search Dr. Casper on here, many very good reviews. My husband was one of his original clients and he is very happy with him. I'm a-fixin to go myself soon for a little issue!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Default 7 to 1

I know of 8 DR.Tran prior patients of only 1 remains. I like either Caster or Hilder. I feel that Tran is a scam.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Sage
Default Dr Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gego3650 View Post
I know of 8 DR.Tran prior patients of only 1 remains. I like either Caster or Hilder. I feel that Tran is a scam.
That is a terrible thing to say about a skilled surgeon that has saved many lives in this area. He is a surgeon. Surgeons operate. When your biopsy comes back as dangerous, he is the man that removes all the dangerous margins from your body. How has he scammed ANYONE???? Other doctors refer their surgical patients to Dr. Tran because he is such a reputable surgeon. We are very lucky to have him in The Villages, and I will go to Dr. Tran as long as he has a practice in our area. He is a wonderful surgeon with a compassionate, caring team. Scam, my . He is the best.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
That is a terrible thing to say about a skilled surgeon that has saved many lives in this area. He is a surgeon. Surgeons operate. When your biopsy comes back as dangerous, he is the man that removes all the dangerous margins from your body. How has he scammed ANYONE???? Other doctors refer their surgical patients to Dr. Tran because he is such a reputable surgeon. We are very lucky to have him in The Villages, and I will go to Dr. Tran as long as he has a practice in our area. He is a wonderful surgeon with a compassionate, caring team. Scam, my . He is the best.
I AGREE 100% Samhass!!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

I have seen Dr. Casper and know of Dr. Tran only by comments made by friends. These comments are generally positive. Dr. Casper is my first experience with a dermatologist and he did a total review with several biopsies. None came back positive. I do not consider that he was cutting in order to make a profit. He explained to me, when asked, about each potential irregularity and why they should be tested. I do not have Medicare.

There are doctors and dentists in TV and elsewhere that look to do unnecessary procedures on unsuspecting patients - frequently seniors. The best way to counter this is to educate yourselves on opinion/review websites such as Healthgrades and TOTV, coupled with reading on informational websites such as WebMD to see if your physician is following standard procedures.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I can't speak for Dr. Tran because he is not my Dermatologist. I go to Ocala Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center in their Spruce Creek Office. My doctor is Dr. Philip Barton and he personally sees me each time I visit. He just performed surgery on me and I was very happy with the way he performed the procedure and the after care. If you have problems with Dr. Tran and wish to change doctors, I recommend this office.

As a side note: After the surgery, I was scheduled for post care and an additional procedure 2 days later...a day Dr. Barton was not in the office. A P.A. looked at my surgery site and was uncertain if the additional procedure was actually needed. Another doctor, Dr. Hiller, was called in and he determined I didn't need the additional procedure due to my healing so fast. I'm doing great and my surgical site is almost healed...in just a week's time!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Posters who infer unethical and in fact illegal practice of medicine without any shred of factual evidence , are themselves unethical. Some may be sorry for their imprudent remarks in public communications such as this.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Posters who infer unethical and in fact illegal practice of medicine without any shred of factual evidence , are themselves unethical. Some may be sorry for their imprudent remarks in public communications such as this.
EXCELLENT comment!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gego3650 View Post
Did you personally ask who goes to what doctor and if they left and why?

I think not.....sometimes it isn't worth the keystrokes responding to those that have such a lack of scrupples to launch caustic commentary...but I feel a responsibility to not let such venemous commentary go without note.

You are entitled to an opinion....you are not entitled nor qualified to gage a professional like Dr. Tran
Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The red above just is not a true statement.
If you are willing to chastise Dr. Tran why not tell us who you "found"?
Yes, I, too, a interested in knowing who!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Gold member

I have been going to Dr Tran for 5 years now, and have had some surgery procedures, which were needed. Glad they caught them on time. Staff very professional, along with Dr Tran. Would recommend to anyone. As far as waiting, that happens at any Doctors Office, but I found most of the time, that they run on schedule.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Default I'm back ...

As I said earlier, I am a patient of Dr. Tran and staff AND I am a Clark's Level 3 melanoma survivor. I just got the results of my FIVE recent biopsies: THREE mildly dysplastic, ONE moderately dysplastic, and ONE nothing but looked suspicious. These all appeared since my last checkup three months ago. ("Dysplastic" for me means on its way to becoming melanoma.)

Of much less importance, I might add that it is a rarity that I ever wait for more than a few minutes for my appointments.

I'm wondering if the groundless, undocumented, anonymous accusations and criticisms of a doctor named Thi Tran have nothing whatsoever to do with his medical competencies but rather something else....
Old 02-12-2014, 01:42 AM
Gold member

Been a patient for 7 years. Rarely wait longer than 10 minutes. . Had several surgeries which were also confirmed with my doctor in NY. He is a cosmetic surgeon also and ....no visible scaring.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Default Dr. Casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Dr. Lily Tran the gastroenterologist is not married to Dr. Tran the dermatologist.

We like Dr. Casper at Allied Dermatology on 466 across from the Haciendas at Mission Hills. He opened his practice here about a year ago.
We also like Dr. Casper a lot. We have experienced very little waiting in that office.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Default Dr. Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge538 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Tran and his office staff, and their general procedures? Is it usually a long wait in the office?
I used to go to Tran and now Dr. Hilder. Tran was suppose to cut cancer out on my face and now I have a 4" cut as a result of Trans work.He cannot do a proper procedure in 10 minutes as a good doctor does moehs on your face. Tran just cuts without following moehs guideline. His assistance cut no matter what and usually at an area that you cannot observe. They never got the right spot as I pointed out the face problem as they never did a good review. I believe the office is a scam.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.