Electronic Spinal Cord Stimulation.

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2020, 08:13 AM
Default Electronic Spinal Cord Stimulation.

Would like feedback from anyone who has tried “Spinal Cord Stimulation” for chronic pain relief? Thank you.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Don’t know about that but have you tried acupuncture??
Old 06-19-2020, 02:48 PM

Tried acupuncture, but did not help.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
Would like feedback from anyone who has tried “Spinal Cord Stimulation” for chronic pain relief? Thank you.
It depends on your level and cause of the pain I would think. There was a time when the Doctor arraigned a Tens Unit for my Spinal Problems.

NO DICE!

It could work for you but it got my hopes up for NOTHING!

Good Luck! Feel Better.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Have you visited a Medical Massage Therapist? If you haven't I know of a great gal in Crystal River. She's worth the drive no matter where you live IMO. I also have a Tens Unit and visit an acupuncturist. Very effective. Never any drugs most importantly.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:54 PM

I recently had the 7 day trial SCS, it did not work for me! I dealt with BioSpine and walked away with the same pain that brought me there. I am in pain 24/7 most days severe. Pain radiates from my butt down my left thigh, knee and foot. Seeing an Orthopedic Dr next week and hoping for the best. I did have a fusion at L5/S1 — 5 years ago and that made things worse. Tried acupuncture which didn’t work! Good luck to you...
Old 06-20-2020, 07:51 AM

I have a Nevro HF10 spinal stimulator implant and it works great for me. Anyone who is looking into stimulators need to realize that they do NOT relieve all your pain. Nevro is happy if you get 50-60 percent pain relief. It is almost four years since I had the implant, and it has made a great difference in my life.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Default Would appreciate all info you couldn’t provide me.

mcdonalddrm,
Thanks for your reply. The Nervo HF 10 is the one my pain management Dr. Scot Stengel gave me information on. Had a fusion in L4/L5 3 years ago, but now having pain in lower back & right ankle. I’m getting the epidural shots that I’ve had in the past, to try to get some relief, but if they don’t help I might try the Nevro HF10.He said he does it in his office & you wear it for 7 days to see if it helps. How was the surgery? Did you have any difficulties or side effects. Did you get the rechargeable battery or the 1 you have to replace every 2 or 3 years? I really appreciate all your feedback on the stimulation.

Last edited by BeetleBailey; 06-21-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Would like further feedback.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:54 AM

I had both trial and permanent implant procedures done at Shands. No complications or side effects. I have a rechargeable ten year battery that needs to be charged every day. To me that is a small price to pay for the relief you get.
If you decide to try this, I hope you have an open mind and do not expect to feel like you are a teenager again. If it is like mine, it has multiple settings for stimulation. During the trial period a Nevro rep will work with you to get the setting that is right for you. I wish you the best and hope all works out good for you.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Are you asking about the implanted stimulator? If so, I had one implanted almost 2 years ago. It does take a while before the device reaches the level to give you comfort. It is a step up stimulator that can only be increased by one degree over a set period of time. It has definitely helped me. If this is the unit you are referring to I would be glad to talk to you about it.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:22 AM

I forgot to mention that my unit is a Nevro HF 10 stimulator. I went through injections, physical therapy, external TENS, and acupuncture before I had the trial implant. I have had several fusions and laminectomies over the years but still had lower back and leg pain. Relief factor of 50% is considered good but I am happy to say, though it took a while, my relief factor is 75% almost on a daily basis while I have an occasional 45% relief.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:25 AM

I really appreciate everyone’ Feedback. Sure helps in making my decision. I do like Shands hospital. Could you please provide me with the Doctor who did your implant. I had a fusion there in 2017 with Dr. Daniel Hoh, but I have never talk to him about a Stimulator. Thanks
Old 06-22-2020, 04:23 PM

Sanjeev Kumar did my stimulator. Very pleased with treatment received.

Tags
cord, electronic, relief, pain, chronic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.