Emergency Room

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritels View Post
MY husband had his fourth bowel obstruction, went by ambo to Villages ER. No room in the ER, not enough staff. He was taken to the ER waiting room! He was vomiting feces on the floor but still no help! Colon death can occur in 2-3 hours. He was kept in the waiting room 7 hours! He was very lucky. The hospital is too small and has too few staff, especially when snowbirds are back. Read yesterday that 8,000 more acres have been purchased with plans for 14,000 more homes. Greed, greed, greed. The Villages is seriously over developed with serious lack of medical resources. If we knew it would be this bad we'd never have moved here. They say medical care is great here, but there are too many elderly means medical resources are spread WAY too thin. If I had friends who asked my opinion about moving here, I would advise against it if anyone had serious medical problems.

Greed, greed, greed. I sense that you are associating the hospital with the developer. If so, you are completely wrong. On the other hand, you are correct that the ER provides seriously inadequate care, in my opinion. The developer is not the cause of that either. The hospital and its board are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
emergency, room, facility, kidney, summerfield

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.