Medical Info Daily Sun today

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Medical Info Daily Sun today

Excellent article on page D1 Lifestyles Section of today's Daily Sun on what to do in a medical emergency. Gives great information on the Urgent Care Centers in and around TV and how and when and why to use the Care Centers and the Hospital Emergency Room.

Hopefully this will clear out the Emergency Room at the hospital!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Sage

I found the aricle interesting as well; however, sounds like common sense to me. What I did find interesting was their claim the average wait time in the ER is 2 hours. Guess the folks that waited 6-7 hours must of hit the wrong time!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts

yes the article was informative.

I also think, like many subjects or objectives of the Daily Sun are priorities of the developer, their interests and the interests of their insiders.

Since the issue of the notoriously inadequate emergency room response of TV hospita is in fact so well knownl, the article is aimed at educating residents there is an alternative.

I am not being negative or biased.....just stating the realistic, as is condition and intentions and objectives of The Daily Sun.

btk
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,914 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You know I immediatly thought that they are reading this forum and responding to issues we discuss here.

Why not?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You know I immediatly thought that they are reading this forum and responding to issues we discuss here.

Why not?
Gracie - that was my initial thought as well - thought the article was timely, but still have to take issue with their 2 hour average wait time.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Gracie - that was my initial thought as well - thought the article was timely, but still have to take issue with their 2 hour average wait time.
That "average" wait time might be the average of all seasons, peak or low, and all times of day/night (don't see the article online).

Does it give the average wait time during January thru April? With hospital census doubling (or more) during winter, it seems like a freestanding 24-hour E.D. is needed in Brownwood (not a hospital but just E.D.). I thought that was in the works?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.