"Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Platinum member

I saw the title of this thread and thought is was about me.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
I saw the title of this thread and thought is was about me.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Sage
Default Requirement: 25 to 35 grams of fiber per day

The average American only gets about 12 to 15 grams of fiber per day and is one of the reasons why the average American is overweight.

Some people claim, when it comes to eating a good diet, all we need to do is, "use common sense" or "practice moderation". But that's not sound advice.... simply platitudes.

Common sense usually tells people that they need some fiber to stay regular but leaves out the following, most of which was covered by Senior Citizen:

1) We need about 25 to 35 grams of fiber per day. Women are usually shorter and weigh less than men so they might shoot for 25 and a big man might shoot for 35. Set a goal for yourself and see if you can meet it. You'll be surprised at how difficult it is. The more non fibrous foods you eat, like animal protein, the more difficult it will be.

2) Fiber curbs your appetite, helping you to reduce intake.

3) Fiber actually helps reduce absorption of calories from the food you eat.

4) Fiber-rich foods are low-energy-density foods. In other words, you get to eat a lot of food without eating a lot of calories.

5) Fiber can enhance the absorption of nutrients.

6) Fiber slows down your body's conversion of carbohydrate to sugar, thus supporting blood glucose stability to help you lose weight.

7) Adequate consumption of dietary fiber can prevent intestinal ruptures known as "diverticulitis".

8) Fiber can also prevent hemorrhoids

9) And common sense says, "fiber is needed to keep you regular."

Note: Fiber should come from a variety of whole foods. (100% bran is not a whole food and is high in phytates. Phytates bond to important minerals like calcium and remove them from your body.)

Last edited by Villages PL; 01-03-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Some people claim, when it comes to eating a good diet, all we need to do is, "use common sense" or "practice moderation". But that's not sound advice.... simply platitudes.
VPL, I respect your opinion. However many people do use common sense and practice moderation.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:36 PM
KittyKat
Smile

Gracie, with Weight Watchers you're still eating wheat, sugar and probably some read meat aren't you? After reading the intro to "Wheat Belly" I want to stay away from most foods, esp since I can not eat in moderation; must be something in my chemistry.

One of my biggest problems is that I go to bed at 4 or 5 am & get up around 1 or 1:30pm. I've never been a day person; I worked days when my daughter was young but then when she was in 4th grade I went to 2nd shift. That's just my circadian rhythm. I've tried to reset my clock but I always end up going back to staying up later & getting up later, mostly due to my problem with insomnia. One thing I noticed today was that when I woke up I felt well-rested. Maybe once I detox from all the bad food I will be able to go to bed earlier & get up earlier. I'll never be one to get up at the crack of dawn; I consider 10am a good time to get up.

Why does my stomach feel more empty after I've eaten an apple? I've always been that way when I've gone on a diet. Maybe it has a high glycemic index and I need to combine it with protein or something (when I'm not using it with greens, etc in the NutriBullet.) Wed night/Thurs morning I had some peeled baby carrots & dipped them in my almond butter that I already had in the cupboard and that was very satisfying before bed. I have to eat before bed because of medication I take to help me sleep. It's usually a couple of hours before the med takes effect.

I clicked on one of those advertisements (not a TOTV ad) that pop up and it said that 70% of the population is infected with the fungus candida. It feeds on sugar and makes us crave all the foods we're not supposed to eat. It causes fatigue, skin & stomach problems & several more, all of which I have. The ad was for a super probiotic. I think I'm going to do more research on candida.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.