The Flu Shot is Here

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2023, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts
Default The Flu Shot is Here

I just got my flu shot today at Walgreens. Some will say it is too early, but I always get it when I can.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:02 PM

After the whole Covid vax scandal, I'm wondering what the retired MDs on here think about the flu shot. Still worth getting or more worthless propaganda?
Old 08-15-2023, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
After the whole Covid vax scandal, I'm wondering what the retired MDs on here think about the flu shot. Still worth getting or more worthless propaganda?
Covid vax scandal? If you believe there was a scandal in the face of medical opinion to the contrary then why ask about medical opinion now?

Getting the flu shot is as worthwhile today as it was ten years ago and possibly more so since we are all ten years older.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-15-2023, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Many Healthcare workers didn’t want any vaccines in their bodies. Last flu shot was over 30 years ago..caused severe reaction… the hospital system I worked for had no issues with me not getting the vaccine. Plus being exposed on a daily basis with 150 people a day…lNever had the flu…even a cold is rare for me.

The last year I worked for them the Free Free (no additives and ????) Vaccine came out. The new Chief decided I had to get the vaccine, I said No. He looked at my chart, and stamped Vaccine Not Required.

I have no issues with those who choose to be vaccinated, with whatever the government has this year.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Covid vax scandal? If you believe there was a scandal in the face of medical opinion to the contrary then why ask about medical opinion now?

Getting the flu shot is as worthwhile today as it was ten years ago and possibly more so since we are all ten years older.
Agree and I'll be adding the RSV vaccine also.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Many Healthcare workers didn’t want any vaccines in their bodies. Last flu shot was over 30 years ago..caused severe reaction… the hospital system I worked for had no issues with me not getting the vaccine. Plus being exposed on a daily basis with 150 people a day…lNever had the flu…even a cold is rare for me.

The last year I worked for them the Free Free (no additives and ????) Vaccine came out. The new Chief decided I had to get the vaccine, I said No. He looked at my chart, and stamped Vaccine Not Required.

I have no issues with those who choose to be vaccinated, with whatever the government has this year.
I agree. My spouse and I do not get them (or the Covid boosters) and do not get sick.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I "Think" the flu shot is a traditional vaccine. Not sure though.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:44 PM
Veteran member

I never had a flu shot or the flu.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
There are countries that no longer recommend the covid jab. Dr John Campbell has some great videos out on side effects etc.. Regardless of what science comes out, some have invested so much of who they are into supporting it that there will always be a market ready to continue to get the jab (and covid too). It has become another form of divisive politics.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
I "Think" the flu shot is a traditional vaccine. Not sure though.
Bill is 100% correct. We got sidetracked with COVID and a new type of vaccine that some considered controversial. But every year 35-70,000 Americans die of the flu. Not during COVID, of course, since it all got coded as COVID for $14,000 extra/patient.

The flu shot is a "traditional" vaccine---and except for some intranasal forms is a dead virus, not a live attenuated one. The most likely "side effect" of a flu shot is a sore arm. Period.

As far as RSV goes, when I was practicing it was a disease of young children, possibly a few immunocompromised folks. I never saw a case in and adult in 30+ years. Now that some company invented a vaccine, we are being told that seniors are at risk and should get the shot. From my perspective, the jury is out on that one.

Bottom line, IF I were to give advice, which I don't do, it would be to unequivocally get your flu shot.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Because I don't believe it was necessarily mainstream doctors pushing repeated vaccines/boosters but the government (CDC, Fauci, etc). In fact, after receiving the first 2 doses, by the time I was "due" for a booster, my internist told me NOT to get get it unless I wanted to, as I was not overweight, diabetic or co-morbid in any other way.

If you look at all the lies we were told...

-you won't get Covid if you take the jab
-you won't spread covid if you take the jab
-etc

...it would make any person with the ability to think critically that maybe other virus vaccines that are heavily pushed may also not live up to their hype. You do know that Flu shots are just a guess at what will be the prevalent strain, right? And if they guess wrong, the shot is essentially worthless.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:03 PM
Sage

Well. I used to get the flu shot but every year I did that----I got the flu!! One year it was twice!! So then I decided they're not for me! I did NOT get the vaxx that so many thought we "needed". I got the plague---and I'm immunocompromised but it was like the flu or bad cold. I did recover.
They (health-care officials) used it to their advantage and so many bought into the lie. Now, some countries are pulling back. Yes, people died BUT I take issue when the health-care folks, who are supposed to care---marked ALL the deaths due to covid. When "some" health-care people tried to push back---they lost their jobs!! Fear and intimidation is what it all was. Wouldn't let families be with their loved ones and did the tests that would give false positives or negatives.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Because I don't believe it was necessarily mainstream doctors pushing repeated vaccines/boosters but the government (CDC, Fauci, etc). In fact, after receiving the first 2 doses, by the time I was "due" for a booster, my internist told me NOT to get get it unless I wanted to, as I was not overweight, diabetic or co-morbid in any other way.

If you look at all the lies we were told...

-you won't get Covid if you take the jab
-you won't spread covid if you take the jab
-etc

...it would make any person with the ability to think critically that maybe other virus vaccines that are heavily pushed may also not live up to their hype. You do know that Flu shots are just a guess at what will be the prevalent strain, right? And if they guess wrong, the shot is essentially worthless.
A critical thinker would recognize that no vaccine is 100% effective. A critical thinker might have looked past the marketing and read the results of the vaccine trials. A critical thinker would maybe question whether the CDC represented mainstream doctors but would then consider the possibility that the CDC (and FDA and research labs) are very nearly the definition of mainstream.

I wonder if your internist told you NOT to get the vaccine or agreed with you that you were not one of the high risk individuals who the vaccine was being recommended for. To me, there is a big difference between "don't get the vaccine" and "don't bother getting the vaccine unless you want to."

Out of my area of expertise but I believe that even if they are right (and you might want to investigate who "they" are) the flu shot is still not 100% effective.

I will be waiting for the next version of the Covid vaccine to come out and then getting both the flu and Covid shots. (or October'ish for just the flu, whichever comes first)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-15-2023, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Well. I used to get the flu shot but every year I did that----I got the flu!! One year it was twice!! So then I decided they're not for me! I did NOT get the vaxx that so many thought we "needed". I got the plague---and I'm immunocompromised but it was like the flu or bad cold. I did recover.
They (health-care officials) used it to their advantage and so many bought into the lie. Now, some countries are pulling back. Yes, people died BUT I take issue when the health-care folks, who are supposed to care---marked ALL the deaths due to covid. When "some" health-care people tried to push back---they lost their jobs!! Fear and intimidation is what it all was. Wouldn't let families be with their loved ones and did the tests that would give false positives or negatives.
Did they? Did they mark ALL the deaths due to covid? If I found a page of statistics for 2020 and 2021 I would find zero deaths from car accidents and zero deaths from shootings and zero deaths from heart disease and zero deaths from influenza and zero deaths from pneumonia because ALL the deaths were marked covid?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-15-2023, 03:22 PM

Quote:
A critical thinker would recognize that no vaccine is 100% effective. A critical thinker might have looked past the marketing and read the results of the vaccine trials. A critical thinker would maybe question whether the CDC represented mainstream doctors but would then consider the possibility that the CDC (and FDA and research labs) are very nearly the definition of mainstream.

I wonder if your internist told you NOT to get the vaccine or agreed with you that you were not one of the high risk individuals who the vaccine was being recommended for. To me, there is a big difference between "don't get the vaccine" and "don't bother getting the vaccine unless you want to."

Out of my area of expertise but I believe that even if they are right (and you might want to investigate who "they" are) the flu shot is still not 100% effective.

I will be waiting for the next version of the Covid vaccine to come out and then getting both the flu and Covid shots. (or October'ish for just the flu, whichever comes first)
Whether any vax is 100% effective has no bearing on the LIES they pushed to get people on board with the Covid jab. The Covid jab did NOT prevent you from either getting or transmitting Covid.

Whoever told you that Flu vaccines are 100% effective is either lying or clueless.
Closed Thread

Tags
shot, flu, early, walgreens, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.