The Flu Shot is Here

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2023, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I wonder if your internist told you NOT to get the vaccine or agreed with you that you were not one of the high risk individuals who the vaccine was being recommended for. To me, there is a big difference between "don't get the vaccine" and "don't bother getting the vaccine unless you want to."
It was the latter, i.e., he didn't think the cost/benefit ratio in my particular case necessitated getting a booster, but he had no issues with me getting one.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
A critical thinker would recognize that no vaccine is 100% effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Whoever told you that Flu vaccines are 100% effective is either lying or clueless.
Reading comprehension---It's not just for breakfast anymore
Old 08-15-2023, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Because I don't believe it was necessarily mainstream doctors pushing repeated vaccines/boosters but the government (CDC, Fauci, etc). In fact, after receiving the first 2 doses, by the time I was "due" for a booster, my internist told me NOT to get get it unless I wanted to, as I was not overweight, diabetic or co-morbid in any other way.

If you look at all the lies we were told...

-you won't get Covid if you take the jab
-you won't spread covid if you take the jab
-etc

...it would make any person with the ability to think critically that maybe other virus vaccines that are heavily pushed may also not live up to their hype. You do know that Flu shots are just a guess at what will be the prevalent strain, right? And if they guess wrong, the shot is essentially worthless.
I never saw any of these promises
-etc

Your internist, I am sure, told you that your chances of getting a severe case with your then current health conditions are small. I doubt he told you NOT to get the booster.

What we were told is that they REDUCE THE CHANCE of getting a severe case and/or die. It was never even touted to be anywhere close to 100% effective.

The only thing that is right with this post is that they do take an educated guess on the Flu virus's that will be prevalent in the next year for the annual flu shot. If their educated guess is wrong and new strains appear, the flu shot would not be effective for these strains.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Whether any vax is 100% effective has no bearing on the LIES they pushed to get people on board with the Covid jab. The Covid jab did NOT prevent you from either getting or transmitting Covid.

Whoever told you that Flu vaccines are 100% effective is either lying or clueless.
The manufacturer never said that it did either of those things. The manufacturer said that in trials it was found to reduce serious illness and death by about 95%. (at least for Pfizer. I believe that was also the case for Moderna but I didn't read that study and I never looked for the J&J results) I do not recall any study showing real world experience differed greatly from the study results.

There were, and probably still are, a lot of exaggerations going around. Look past the exaggerations and marketing and understand what you are really buying.

I don't feel lied to or manipulated or misled by the CDC or administration in any way. I understand that neither President was a medical doctor and so I didn't take their statements as medically accurate. I listened to Fauci and understood that he was doing the best he could with a dynamic situation. I tried to follow up on what I heard and find more details and facts but my attitude was more of "trust and verify" than "disbelieve and refute."

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-15-2023, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Did they? Did they mark ALL the deaths due to covid? If I found a page of statistics for 2020 and 2021 I would find zero deaths from car accidents and zero deaths from shootings and zero deaths from heart disease and zero deaths from influenza and zero deaths from pneumonia because ALL the deaths were marked covid?
There were most certainly states that marked ALL deaths with a COVID DIAGNOSIS as a death due to covid. Including traffic fatalities...

I've posted the video of the department of health officials stating exactly that, multiple times.

But thanks for proving that these type of threads are useless.

You only see what you want to see...

Here's a case of a patient with stage 4 colon cancer, in hospice, waiting to die. He happened to contract covid while in hospice. Guess what was put on his death certificate?

Dying with COVID and dying from COVID are same thing in Oregon | kgw.com

FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Medical examiner explains how COVID-19 death is determined

-Tom Petty
Old 08-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,383 Times in 2,521 Posts

Ye Gods and little fishes.
Hasn't this horse been beaten to death enough already?'
Either get the £$&**% jabs/boosters/shots, whatever, or don't get them..
After 3 years of same old, same old, no one is going to change their opinions now.
Off to get my Lysol booster shot in morning!
Old 08-15-2023, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
There were most certainly states that marked ALL deaths with a COVID DIAGNOSIS as a death due to covid. Including traffic fatalities...

I've posted the video of the department of health officials stating exactly that, multiple times.

But thanks for proving that these type of threads are useless.

You only see what you want to see...

Here's a case of a patient with stage 4 colon cancer, in hospice, waiting to die. He happened to contract covid while in hospice. Guess what was put on his death certificate?

Dying with COVID and dying from COVID are same thing in Oregon | kgw.com

I see life as a lot more gray with many nuances. If someone says "ALL" then that means absolutely zero of anything else. ALL means ALL. But ALL is not what happened.

Forget even trying to come up with a measure, let's just agree that covid was used to collect extra money where some thought they could get away with it (and were correct in that thinking). For others it might just have been laziness. Whatever the reason, it happened. But not ALL.

It's the primary reason why I stopped focusing on Covid deaths and started looking at excess deaths. At one level, I really don't care why so many hundreds of thousands of excess deaths there were, just acknowledge that there were. Then, once we can agree on a single set of facts, we can start asking WHY those people died. Absent any other reasonable answer, Covid was the likely cause for the majority (not all, but the majority). Doing something to reduce the majority number was good enough for me.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-15-2023, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
-etc.
Unbelievable...

Thanks for proving my point that one only hears what you want to hear...

Access to this page has been denied

We know all of that is false...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-15-2023, 04:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Ye Gods and little fishes.
Hasn't this horse been beaten to death enough already?'
Either get the £$&**% jabs/boosters/shots, whatever, or don't get them..
After 3 years of same old, same old, no one is going to change their opinions now.
Off to get my Lysol booster shot in morning!
Hmmm... Why didn't I think of that...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-15-2023, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
I see life as a lot more gray with many nuances. If someone says "ALL" then that means absolutely zero of anything else. ALL means ALL. But ALL is not what happened.

Forget even trying to come up with a measure, let's just agree that covid was used to collect extra money where some thought they could get away with it (and were correct in that thinking). For others it might just have been laziness. Whatever the reason, it happened. But not ALL.

It's the primary reason why I stopped focusing on Covid deaths and started looking at excess deaths. At one level, I really don't care why so many hundreds of thousands of excess deaths there were, just acknowledge that there were. Then, once we can agree on a single set of facts, we can start asking WHY those people died. Absent any other reasonable answer, Covid was the likely cause for the majority (not all, but the majority). Doing something to reduce the majority number was good enough for me.
But it IS what happened.

There were certain states, in which when you died, if you tested positive for covid, you were listed as a covid death. They admitted it in public!

Yes, ALL of them... Even traffic fatalities. They used those very words...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-15-2023, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Hmmm... Why didn't I think of that...
Maybe you were too busy injecting Clorox
Old 08-15-2023, 04:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

It all started with “operation Warp Speed”
Old 08-15-2023, 04:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
-etc

Your internist, I am sure, told you that your chances of getting a severe case with your then current health conditions are small. I doubt he told you NOT to get the booster.

What we were told is that they REDUCE THE CHANCE of getting a severe case and/or die. It was never even touted to be anywhere close to 100% effective.

The only thing that is right with this post is that they do take an educated guess on the Flu virus's that will be prevalent in the next year for the annual flu shot. If their educated guess is wrong and new strains appear, the flu shot would not be effective for these strains.
Good to see there is still intelligent people out there. You are 100% correct in what you said. I had all the covid shots and got covid, but I did not die even though I a high risk person.
Old 08-15-2023, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Reading comprehension---It's not just for breakfast anymore
Ya, okay, I didn't express my point with the best wording - nothing to do with reading comprehension.

Bill implied that the Flu vax was, while not 100% effective, was close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564
...the flu shot is still not 100% effective.
The point I was trying to make was that it is not anywhere close to 100% effective, and that's assuming they even guess right on the strain du jour.

I promise to do better next time.
Old 08-15-2023, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Many Healthcare workers didn’t want any vaccines in their bodies. Last flu shot was over 30 years ago..caused severe reaction… the hospital system I worked for had no issues with me not getting the vaccine. Plus being exposed on a daily basis with 150 people a day…lNever had the flu…even a cold is rare for me.

The last year I worked for them the Free Free (no additives and ????) Vaccine came out. The new Chief decided I had to get the vaccine, I said No. He looked at my chart, and stamped Vaccine Not Required.

I have no issues with those who choose to be vaccinated, with whatever the government has this year.
Well aren't you special. Your experience is useful to exactly nobody. Yet here you are suggesting that with your super importance and super immunity you should let us all know how super special your exemption is and that you believe you have never gotten influenza even with no vaccine protection.

That's like all the people telling us how they never wear seat belts and yet still survive. All the people who drive drunk and never had an accident. All the people who play golf in during a thunderstorm and never got struck by lightning.

In other words, you got lucky. For those who want to hope to be as lucky as Asianthree, ignore your doctor's advice if they recommend a flu shot or any other shot or any other measure to reduce your health care risks.

I of course am certain that when Asianthree is caring for those 150 patients a day they are all being informed that the nurse [are you a nurse?] is not vaccinated and given the option of asking for a fully vaccinated nurse. I would want to know that my provider was doing as much as possible to not make me sick. You know, like wash their hands and other infectious disease control measures.

Tags
shot, flu, early, walgreens, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.