Flying down to TV w sick husband? Thoughts?

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If they have them, they usually bring them. At least that was the case a few years ago. You could always call your airline and see what they say. If, for some reason, they're not allowed, you can always ship them via FedEx and just use the wheelchairs provided by the airline.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-07-2014, 12:58 AM

Agreed !
Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 AM

Hi and Happy New Year.... for you both. There is a group that meets a few times a week...THE PARKINSON'S FIGHT CLUB and it is a fantastic way to meet folks with similar situations, referrals for docs, etc and a social aspect for you, the primary careperson. Call Colony Rec Center or THE FIGHT CLUB at 750-1935 510. Gary, the gent who, with his wife of eternity, run the meetings alongside others with the lovely condition. Gary is afflicted and battles thru each day with a spirit and persona that lights a fire under the ocean! Great guy. Too much to say here. Fantastic group. BTW... I do not have anyone with the condition blood related but I have 45 years in nursing and I love giving back,
My name is Roni Goldman and if you PM me, I will give you more particulars. They also have an ANNUAL CRUISE and what a blast. If your hubby is a vet, they are fierce in getting the HONOR FLIGHTS up and running as well. I hope you can stop by and bend an ear.
All the best.... great health and peace of every sort.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM

Billy, you've gotten some really good feedback here from those who might be familiar with your dilema from a distance. There are definitely things you need to consider before making your final decision. I am actually living your issue right now while in TV's. My husband has Parkinson's Lewy Body Dementia which I suspect is your husband's diagnosis. I am happy to share with you the good and the bad sad of such a decision. Feel free to contact me on a PM or send me your email address and I will share with you my experiences in this regard.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.