Free N95 Masks

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
It is too bad N-95 masks were not made more available many, many months ago. A large study out of a university in Denmark showed that ordinary cloth masks are virtually useless in stopping the spread of COVID.
That and people not wearing masks properly make them useless. I will continue to be maskless as I’ve been for 9 months.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
It is too bad N-95 masks were not made more available many, many months ago. A large study out of a university in Denmark showed that ordinary cloth masks are virtually useless in stopping the spread of COVID.
And yet there is no shortage of people wearing cloth and paper masks in stores, at the squares, walking on sidewalks, and my personal favorite---driving alone in their car with a mask on. Actually, that is now my second favorite. My new favorite is the person who posted they enter a restaurant "with their mask on and proudly walk past the "scornful" looks of others" (until they get seated then take it off). Certainly they have that right, but I'm having trouble understanding why they are proud of such behavior. Stupidity?? Virtue signaling? Craving attention???? Perhaps they have a low standard for judging which of their "accomplishments" in life they are proud of
Old 02-07-2022, 07:18 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages
Default M95 Masks

You can get 3 at the Neighborhood Walmart on 466a right by Colony Plaza. They are made by 3M and individually packaged.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

If you sneeze in it do you have to change masks? Or do you take it off to sneeze and put it back on? Asking for a friend
Old 02-07-2022, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
If you sneeze in it do you have to change masks? Or do you take it off to sneeze and put it back on? Asking for a friend
Take it off to sneeze????? Absolutely, as well as take it off to cough in someone's face, spit, and drool. My apologies in advance if that was actually a serious question.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
If you sneeze in it, the expelled mucus will dry and form an extra tight seal around the edges. The bonus is that it will be an exfoliating peel when you remove it in 2038 when they finally let you take it off.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
The only time I change mine, is if I throw up after drinking too much.
Elastic cannot take the weight when mask is full.
Sneezing and smoking cigar through mask is fine though.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
If you sneeze in it, the expelled mucus will dry and form an extra tight seal around the edges. The bonus is that it will be an exfoliating peel when you remove it in 2038 when they finally let you take it off.
Ok, that's two of us health care professionals that did not give a serious answer. So just in case it was a serious question, NO, DO NOT REMOVE IT TO SNEEZE. Whether you choose to wear it further or toss it is up to you (and how many "free" N95's you've managed to collect)
Old 02-07-2022, 07:49 AM

The real irony here is the attitude that many of you exhibit. You complain bitterly about the "freeloaders" looking for government handouts. Yet your hand is out, isn't it? Buy N95s for yourself -- they are readily available on Amazon. And frankly, when I'm out and about, most of you are maskless anyway.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4vt View Post
#1 nothing is FREE…………… #2 Mask are for Sheep that need lead and can’t find their own way!
Denigrate someone trying to stay safe? Wow.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
The only time I change mine, is if I throw up after drinking too much.
Elastic cannot take the weight when mask is full.
Sneezing and smoking cigar through mask is fine though.
How do you smoke a cigar with a mask on? I cut a tight fitting hole in mine, and another small one on the side for my Old Fashioned drink straw.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerslife View Post
The real irony here is the attitude that many of you exhibit. You complain bitterly about the "freeloaders" looking for government handouts. Yet your hand is out, isn't it? Buy N95s for yourself -- they are readily available on Amazon. And frankly, when I'm out and about, most of you are maskless anyway.
That's strange, since most of the posters that "complain bitterly" about freeloaders, myself included, have also stated that they will not be ordering any "free" masks, or tests, or anything else that is "free". Besides, I have no complaint with those that truly need a test or mask and can't afford it---My problem is with those that have explicitly stated that they probably will never use either, but they'll get them BECAUSE they are free.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:04 AM
Default Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Other than at Sam's Club, I have not seen the free N95 masks that are supposed to be distributed to everyone who wants them. I was very lucky to obtain three free masks at Sam's Club a few days after the supply was to be available to the public. I've been waiting to see the masks available in drug stores but have not seen any displays for them. Have you seen these N95 masks available anywhere? Where?
The CVS on 44 and Main Street had them.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKoca View Post
You can get 3 at the Neighborhood Walmart on 466a right by Colony Plaza. They are made by 3M and individually packaged.
Thanks. Will be flying soon & believe them to have better protection for that situation
Old 02-07-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrenner View Post
Denigrate someone trying to stay safe? Wow.
Not at all. I applaud people who are following protocol. I wear a mask. I'm just tired of the complainers.
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, free, n95, club, sams

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.