Friday the 13th & TVRH ER

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2016, 06:56 PM
Sage
Default Friday the 13th & TVRH ER

My husband had a medical incident this pm. While cutting a board for a railing with an electric saw, the board slipped and the saw cut a really big chunk out of his index finger. There isn't any tissue left to suture. Profusely bleeding, I took him to Lake Regional Urgent Healthcare, where the doctor skillfully cleaned and cauterized the wound and lectured to him about retired people attempting to do things they should leave to other, younger folks. The wound was still bleeding through the bandages and the doctor advised him to go to the ER.

So armed with reading material and sweaters in anticipation of a long, tedious wait we arrived at the ER around 5 pm. However, he was checked in, treated by the doctor and the triage nurse, and discharged all in the space of one hour and 15 minutes! I'm so thankful to both Lake Regional and the TVRH ER personnel and grateful we landed in both places at the right time, even though it is Friday the 13th.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:05 PM
Platinum member

So sorry for your husband's accident. We too have had excellent treatment at Lake Regional Urgent Healthcare. I am one of the volunteers at TVRH and have heard lots of horror stories about the ER. However, recently it's all been improved. They have just added new staffing. I do hear almost all positive stories about the nursing staff and teams on the floors.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,906 Times in 3,712 Posts

A true Good News / Bad News story.

Thanks for sharing.

Have a daughter flying across the States as I type. Will be glad with she is on the ground.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

That is great thank God he's home. I hope he keeps living his life a does things around the house, I think it's great. Accidents happen, probably nothing to do with age. I had a big operation some time back and looked up the reviews on the hospital. They were I would say a little below medium. My experience was fantastic. Several nurses said they are stressed out and sometimes give back the treatment that people come at them with. I was beyond happy to have survived and was a perfect gentleman to them and I got the same treatment back. Going to a hospital and not waiting is rare indeed.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Nucky. I just love you and hope Priscilla knows I am happily married.

So good to hear this scary experience is on it's way to be mended for the OP. Not surprised that JoJo is volunteering at the hospital. The entire family is jam packed with people who do good and amazing things.

Sleep well folks. This has been a bumpy week on TOTV.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,364 Times in 2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
My husband had a medical incident this pm. While cutting a board for a railing with an electric saw, the board slipped and the saw cut a really big chunk out of his index finger. There isn't any tissue left to suture. Profusely bleeding, I took him to Lake Regional Urgent Healthcare, where the doctor skillfully cleaned and cauterized the wound and lectured to him about retired people attempting to do things they should leave to other, younger folks. The wound was still bleeding through the bandages and the doctor advised him to go to the ER.

So armed with reading material and sweaters in anticipation of a long, tedious wait we arrived at the ER around 5 pm. However, he was checked in, treated by the doctor and the triage nurse, and discharged all in the space of one hour and 15 minutes! I'm so thankful to both Lake Regional and the TVRH ER personnel and grateful we landed in both places at the right time, even though it is Friday the 13th.
Nice to see that good story.
Closed Thread

Tags
doctor, wound, bleeding, lake, regional

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.