Garlique to lower cholesterol

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
the garlique did not work for me either but red yeast rice 4 pills a day has lowered my cholesterol 40 pts...
I would be happy if my chloresterol went down 40 points. I'm allergic to statins, so I've been trying different drugs. I took Red Yeast Rice 600mg two a day and my chloresterol didn't change. When you take 4 a day, are they the 600mg that we usually see? I've also been taking 1000mg of odorless garlic but I haven't had a blood test since I started.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Gold member

I am still taking the garlique once a day. If I don't forget to take them with dinner, my cholesterol stays about 180. I gave blood again this Wednesday and after missing 2 pills, my cholesterol went up to 201. My problem is if I eat at home, it's easy to remember to take a pill with dinner, but when we go out to eat, I always forget to take one. It says on the bottle to take with dinner. I will keep on taking them because I do feel that they work. I tried taking the cheap garlic pills and I just burped garlic afterwards.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Gold member
Default Flax Seed

A diabetic nurse and my wellness doctor both recommended that I add 1 T of ground flax seed to my diet to lower cholersterol. I've added the flax seed to my morning shake. I haven't had my labs done since I've made this change.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
A diabetic nurse and my wellness doctor both recommended that I add 1 T of ground flax seed to my diet to lower cholersterol. I've added the flax seed to my morning shake. I haven't had my labs done since I've made this change.

I was just researching flaxseeds on the net. It's best to buy it in the seed form and grind it into a smoothie. I don't drink smoothies. It can also be bought in the ground form and added to food. Does it have a flavor? It retains some fats which Metamucil does not. I will buy some ground flaxseed and give it a try.
Closed Thread

Tags
cholesterol, garlique, donate, high, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.