Go vegan to prevent a heart attack.....or not & visit ER

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

AND my reaction to Uptown Girl's post was meant to be light hearted and fun. I do believe that a sense of humor is genetic too. Some people are always serious about things and that is the personality that they were born with.[
If you spend any time over at the "fun board" you know I have a sense of humor. Remember when I posted my infamous "high 5 thread"? Many, lead by you, attacked me viciously. Where was your sense of humor then? It got so vicious, the moderator had to close down the thread.

Quote:
Most of us try to do what is good for us, and we all have different opinions about what that is, and we seek different kinds of people to guide us.
And where does your guidance come from?

Quote:
I sense you feel that the health choices you have made for your self are the only right ones. I disagree. That is my opinion.
Rather than trying to sense what I feel, why don't you ask me? Instead, you imagine what I think and then you disagree. And I don't remember you taking the risk of telling anyone what your diet is like. That way it's easier to pretend to have a better diet. You stay above it all....like a true moderate. (That's not a political statement...it's moderate, conservative and liberal as it applies to diet.) I consider my diet to be ultra conservative.

Quote:
And as for steering your boat and your reaction to that statement. .

I will go WAY down to the bottom line and say that we will all die of something. We may live a little longer if we do this or that, or a lot longer if we don't do this or that....but there is only ONE WAY OUT.
Sure, I agree, how could I not? That being the case, I guess we should all call for this Medical and Health Discussion Board to be shut down. What's the point if we are all doomed to die of something?

Quote:
Do the best you can to take care of yourself and others in your life and don't waste any moments to savor life... because none of us knows when will be our last day here.
I'm savoring this thread.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
If you spend any time over at the "fun board" you know I have a sense of humor. Remember when I posted my infamous "high 5 thread"? Many, lead by you, attacked me viciously. Where was your sense of humor then? It got so vicious, the moderator had to close down the thread.

And where does your guidance come from?

Rather than trying to sense what I feel, why don't you ask me? Instead, you imagine what I think and then you disagree. And I don't remember you taking the risk of telling anyone what your diet is like. That way it's easier to pretend to have a better diet. You stay above it all....like a true moderate. (That's not a political statement...it's moderate, conservative and liberal as it applies to diet.) I consider my diet to be ultra conservative.

Sure, I agree, how could I not? That being the case, I guess we should all call for this Medical and Health Discussion Board to be shut down. What's the point if we are all doomed to die of something?

I'm savoring this thread.
I am glad you are enjoying it.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Sage

I knew when I started it U would jump right in..

keep the info coming
Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
[/SIZE][/B]

Wow.

You have all of the qualifications I seek in a friend. You are smart, diplomatic, moderate in your views, open minded and just plain funny.

Thank heavens you ARE my friend because if you weren't I would have missed all that.

Damned straight, girl.

I am considering your last sentence for the wall words in our great room. At the very least I will steal them and make people think I thought it.
I agree Gracie. WOW. Uptown, you are dead spot on!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 PM

All my vegan friends are dead. Same age too. I credit that to my meat and potatoes diet with no vegetables. My family members all live into their nineties. Meat eaters, everyone of them. Sure some had heart attacks but after their bypass they were good to go for 20 more years. A week in the hospital for a lifetime of juicy steaks sounds like a fair trade off to me.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
All my vegan friends are dead. Same age too. I credit that to my meat and potatoes diet with no vegetables. My family members all live into their nineties. Meat eaters, everyone of them. Sure some had heart attacks but after their bypass they were good to go for 20 more years. A week in the hospital for a lifetime of juicy steaks sounds like a fair trade off to me.
Throw in a couple of good cold beers with that steak and taters and you can sign me up

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.