Has anybody using the site sumterfl.saferestart.net received an appointment?

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2021, 08:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Did you at least get a message confirming your registration? If not, I would register again.

No confirmation. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
We registered on Wed morning and still(Friday afternoon) haven't received a code for an appointment date. We originally filled the form out with social and insurance info and then again later without that info to see if there would be any difference. Both times, received confirmation notices that our info was received and verified. Still waiting for a code for the appointment. I don't care about my getting it, as I will eventually via the VA. But, my spouse needs to get it due to her medical condition. Oh well, I guess it will get around to us eventually. We just have to have patience.
Lots here registered on Monday and have not received appts yet.

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 01-16-2021, 08:05 AM

Had a similar problem trying to register neighbor. I was entering birth. date year as 38. they require it to be four digits (1938)
Old 01-16-2021, 08:25 AM

My husband and I signed up on the 11th and got a confirmation that our request for an appointment has been received. We have not received an appointment date. Yet I check every day and I see that some people get an appointment right away or within a day or two. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this whole procedure.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,795 Times in 1,388 Posts

GMR does have a "contact" page. It operates just like their confirmation page.....acknowledges receipt and professes the message has been forwarded to the appropriate area for handling and will respond shortly.

Sent contact information twice in a 10 day period....no response.

There is no excuse for lack of response to questions about why they are not performing as stated in their confirming correspondence.

Very disappointing.

If I get no response next week I will reluctantly begin to look at availability outside Sumter County.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,889 Times in 5,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
GMR does have a "contact" page. It operates just like their confirmation page.....acknowledges receipt and professes the message has been forwarded to the appropriate area for handling and will respond shortly.

Sent contact information twice in a 10 day period....no response.

There is no excuse for lack of response to questions about why they are not performing as stated in their confirming correspondence.

Very disappointing.

If I get no response next week I will reluctantly begin to look at availability outside Sumter County.
According to someone who talked to the County, there was a computer error that caused some people who registered on Tuesday to get appointments before people who registered on Monday. That could explain why it has not been a first come first served system.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:45 AM
Angry COVID Vaccine

I am sick to death of trying to figure out who’s in charge when it comes to the COVID vaccine. Does ANYONE know? We’ve signed up on line and check our emails first thing every morning, but all we get is the same old “wait your turn” response. Yet every day we see that other people are getting appointments and receiving bar codes, in order to proceed. Someone has got to know the answer to who, what, when, where and how we can get our vaccine.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieburr View Post
I am sick to death of trying to figure out who’s in charge when it comes to the COVID vaccine. Does ANYONE know? We’ve signed up on line and check our emails first thing every morning, but all we get is the same old “wait your turn” response. Yet every day we see that other people are getting appointments and receiving bar codes, in order to proceed. Someone has got to know the answer to who, what, when, where and how we can get our vaccine.
The best answer to your question in Florida is the Governor. The state has sent vaccines to the individual counties to vaccinate people. The counties have their own websites where people can sign up to get an appointment. You don't need to be a county resident to use any website. There are also several locations where you can just show up and get the vaccine on a first come first served basis. In addition, the state has contracted with Publix and sent vaccines to some of the Publix stores. You can go to the Publix website and sign up for an appointment. The problem is that there are a lot of people who want the vaccine, but not enough vaccine to go around.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:20 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Web site was redone Tuesday and all that signed up Monday were left in limbo as it was not integrated into new website. Definitely was an IT problem. Site where shots are given is well organized, website is not.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgarwel12@gmail.com View Post
I've tried twice now to "register," and within minutes each time received a verification code (5 digits) which apparently isn't the same as a personal vaccine code (6 digits--letters/numbers combined) which you need to complete the registration process. It's been 48 hours since I received the first verification code and nothing more. I have a friend who breezed through the process with no problems and has both her first and second vaccine appts scheduled. Go figure!! VERY frustrating. Many people are hailing this method and website as the latest and greatest, but so far no deal for me.
completed step 1 on Wednesday 1/13 , received the code via text. Have not received anything further as of today , do I just wait ? or do I try again .
Old 01-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1972 View Post
completed step 1 on Wednesday 1/13 , received the code via text. Have not received anything further as of today , do I just wait ? or do I try again .
You should have received a message confirming that you are registered. If so, you should just wait because you are already registered. Here is the message you should get after completing Step 1.

"Thank you for completing the screening and request for a COVID-19 vaccination. Your submission has been received and is approved. The date and time of your submission has been recorded, and you will be contacted as additional appointment times are released. Please submit the form only once."
Old 01-16-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You should have received a message confirming that you are registered. If so, you should just wait because you are already registered. Here is the message you should get after completing Step 1.

"Thank you for completing the screening and request for a COVID-19 vaccination. Your submission has been received and is approved. The date and time of your submission has been recorded, and you will be contacted as additional appointment times are released. Please submit the form only once."
thanks for the reply, we went to the web site , clicked on "step 1" we were asked to provide a contact method , chose text and entered a phone #, immediately received a text with a five digit code. clicked step 2 and nothing no forms to complete , no message. maybe need to try again. thanks
Old 01-16-2021, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1972 View Post
thanks for the reply, we went to the web site , clicked on "step 1" we were asked to provide a contact method , chose text and entered a phone #, immediately received a text with a five digit code. clicked step 2 and nothing no forms to complete , no message. maybe need to try again. thanks
You don't use Step 2 until they send you a 6 digit code to schedule an appointment. Step 1 is to register. You use the 5 digit code in Step 1 to register. Then, they send you a message confirming your registration. If you already have the confirmation message, you are registered and you just need to wait for them to send you the 6 digit code, but that may take several days or longer.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:01 PM

ok thanks ,waiting patiently
Old 01-16-2021, 02:31 PM
Veteran member
Default vaccine

registered Monday-got follow up email Thursday-got vaccine Friday
Closed Thread

Tags
information, insurance, appointment, received, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.