Has anybody using the site sumterfl.saferestart.net received an appointment?

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodie View Post
My friend and I both signed up a week ago. She got a testing date within 48 hours for today 1/15 and I am still waiting. Drove over early for scheduled 4:30 testing appt today and were told they "RAN OUT OF VACCINE"!!!! HOW IN THE HELL do you run out when you have x number of doses and x number of people scheduled!
I am thankful that I am not running this. People, us, are listing on multiple sites. The Physer vaccine needs to be injected quickly or it is wasted. Ran out of vaccine, none of us would be pleased yet, like say an airline, they likely over book based on experience of how many will book and not show up. After 5 or 6 tries we finally got an appointment.
We, typical of my wife got there too early. Not counting waiting for our proper time we were out in 45 minutes. I was told they are doing 6,000 shots a day. Perhaps, we lucked out but it could not have been better. Fourteen is my lucky number. We lost 6 times. When we won we got station number 14.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:31 AM
Default Confused on where to go to get vaccine

I received an email yesterday confirming my appointment at Woodbridge Dr. Today I get another email confirming my appointment at Lke Sumpter College. No phone number to confirm where I shoul do. Does anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-17-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot526 View Post
I received an email yesterday confirming my appointment at Woodbridge Dr. Today I get another email confirming my appointment at Lke Sumpter College. No phone number to confirm where I shoul do. Does anyone else have this problem?
Of course the last communication is the one to follow.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
With such low numbers of dose availability I suspect the wait will be longer than we think!!

So now we wait.....
This is exactly it!!!! So many seem to think that somehow 2 million people are going to get appointments for 500,000 doses at the same time. They can only they can only make appointments and give out what they have.

Some will be lucky and get appointments right away and for others it may be a month or so before they get their first shot.

It's all basically first come first served. With all of the complaining, I haven't heard any suggestions on how it might be handled better.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:13 AM

signed up 1/12/21 8:00pm received appointment e-mal 2/16/21 9:00pm appointment for 2/18/21 1:30
Old 02-18-2021, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

I have received two voicemails on my iPhone stating they would like to schedule an appointment. For some reason, my phone is silencing/blocking these calls so I haven't been able to speak to anyone to let them know I have already received both shots from GMR. I called the number a few times to have them take me off their list, but I keep getting a message that there are no appointments available at this time and then the message says Good Bye. I don't even have the opportunity to leave them a message.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I also received a text from safe start for appointment but I just received my second at Gainesville VA ( no side effects I’m 82) I thought of trying to contact them, but I just assume they’ll cut you from list if you don’t respond to text
Old 02-19-2021, 10:15 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

My wife, brother and I received the following last night by both phone text and email.
“At this time you are now approved for scheduling your vaccine, please return to Safe Restart and select “Step 2: I have a Code for COVID-19 Vaccination”.”

It took my brother some time to get through the appointment process but I completed both of ours in about 10 minutes. We will take our first shot this coming Tuesday at Lake Sumter College in Sumterville.

Our second shot is scheduled automatically for one month from the first. We are now relieved to have these dates for shots know to us. Hope everyone else can also obtain their appointments for shots as soon as possible.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

When you show up for your appointment, what paperwork must be filled out and do they want your Medicare and/or social security number?
Old 02-19-2021, 09:09 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
When you show up for your appointment, what paperwork must be filled out and do they want your Medicare and/or social security number?
In our case using Safe Restart, the printed notice states that:
Thank you for completing the request for a COVID-19 Vaccination.
Please bring a US issued ID along with this email and the barcode below available for the staff to scan upon your arrival.
Please arrive with a face mask and wear a short sleeve shirt if possible.
Plan to arrive ……….
Old 02-20-2021, 11:21 AM

Yes, I am getting my first shot this afternoon. I did not put my social I put zeroes.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Got it done yesterday. Only showed drivers license and barcode. They didn't care about appointment times as long as you showed up on the appointed day.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:49 PM

I've seen a couple of posts requesting how GMR could handle this better. Let me count the ways.

1. A user friendly web site would be welcomed.

2. Perhaps a weekly or twice weekly email blast out to everyone as to status and availability.

3. Some method to determine where you may be listed within their system.

4. Perhaps some queued number.

5. Some easy way to cancel out for others to move up in the list.

6. Some way to communicate clearly with someone. e.g. I'm waiting for notification, however I can't get the vaccine right now due surgery. So, if my lucky number comes up can I delay and not lose some priority standing?

7. Some method of feeding back and making suggestions. (I might have covered that already...)

Oh well.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
I didn't fill out any paper work for GMR. They asked to see a driver's license so they can fill out your vaccination card with your name and city you live in. They also enter the name of the vaccine manufacturer and the lot# of the vaccine on the card. They did not ask for Medicare number or SS #.

Last edited by coffeebean; 02-25-2021 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
I've seen a couple of posts requesting how GMR could handle this better. Let me count the ways.

1. A user friendly web site would be welcomed.

2. Perhaps a weekly or twice weekly email blast out to everyone as to status and availability.

3. Some method to determine where you may be listed within their system.

4. Perhaps some queued number.

5. Some easy way to cancel out for others to move up in the list.

6. Some way to communicate clearly with someone. e.g. I'm waiting for notification, however I can't get the vaccine right now due surgery. So, if my lucky number comes up can I delay and not lose some priority standing?

7. Some method of feeding back and making suggestions. (I might have covered that already...)

Oh well.
Those are great suggestions. Any way you would consider contacting GMR to let them know? This is a contact page. I got results by using this page.........

Contact | Access2Care

Tags
information, insurance, appointment, received, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.