Have Quit A Doctor Just Because Of His Office Staff?

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Schools quit teaching office practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
If you quit a doctor because of their office staff down here, you'll have to quit pretty much every doc in the area.

I've spoken with a few doctors about this and they all said that it's a big problem for them. They can't seem t find competent help.
Many doctors don't want to pay for competent help either. That said, our schools are not turning out the competent "business students" as they have in the past either. Curriculum changes maybe needed----there is more to managing an office than being able to turn a computer off and on and storing data.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Gold member

Sometimes telling the doctor about his staff backfires. My wife had an issue with a doctor's staff for over a year with them misplacing insurance authorization documents and refusing to return calls from the insurance company so that follow-up treatment can be done. She was finally able to get an appointment with the doctor and she tried to communicate to the doctor the problems she was having with the staff. After consulting with the staff, he came back and dismissed my wife as a patient because the staff convinced him that she had been "rude" to them. I heard her talking with the staff on the phone and in no way was she rude.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

Yes...finally called my Primary Care doctor for a new referral when the original referral called me several times to schedule (and subsequently "re-schedule" an endoscopy), actually scheduled me at the wrong office, called to straighten that out, and then left me the "reminder message" for the wrong day, wrong office. I backed out the day of their scheduled appointment, which I know is caca, but by that point I was actually afraid and wondering what procedure I'd get! I called the Office Manager to advise, and wrote a long detailed note to my doctor advising her to be careful in referring this center to other patients. Had I been truly ill and a little unsure of myself I'd have been very confused. The Doctor said she would also speak with them and let them know I asked her not to refer them again to her patients. I hope she did.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Gold member

Maybe some staff think that $15/hour flipping burgers would be a better career choice.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Sage

Sometimes "stuff" sifts down from the top. I've probably quit 3 doctors (in 7 yrs) due to both them and then their staff. Many of these front-desk people don't know office procedures or how to meet the public.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Sometimes "stuff" sifts down from the top. I've probably quit 3 doctors (in 7 yrs) due to both them and then their staff. Many of these front-desk people don't know office procedures or how to meet the public.
And Many of them forget we are their customers and pay their salaries.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 PM

Yes - twice. Could not believe how rude the receptionist was to an elderly patient when I first got here. Later with a different doctor the staff was very curt- mentioned it to him. He implied that he had no control over the office staff. He was aware of it - and moved his practice to Leesburg. We drove there for several years because we really liked him and now he had a very friendly, courteous staff.

If you don't like the public, you should work behind the scenes.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And Many of them forget we are their customers and pay their salaries.
Exactly!!
Closed Thread

Tags
staff, office, quit, doctor, curious

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.