Health Insurance with pre existing condition??

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Default Health Insurance with pre existing condition??

My husband and I are looking for Health coverage ... The problem is my husband they consider 1 stent that was put in 13 years ago a pre existing condition.. He is 61.. I am 57 so we do need to find our own insurance ... This was never a problem when we were living in NY.. I would appreciate any help.. not interested in looking on line anymore... there is a chance we may have been scamed from someone offering insurance from USA SELECT CHOICE... when we called her back for more info she does not return any calls... I am hoping to find a live person who we can meet and speak with... Again any help would be appreciated!!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Sage

Blue Cross Blue Shield is a big name for ins. in FL
Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Default Blue Cross Blue Shield Florida

Bill or Robin Gump might be able to help
Blue Cross Blue Shield Florida

Palm Ridge Plaza
County Road 101 Ste 105
The Villages, FL 32162
352-259-0666

Last edited by ewstanley; 02-04-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Eternal Member

The laws about pre-conditions has changed for kids and you might wish to see if the dreaded Affordable Care Act will eventually cover you (it starts a serious fade in during 2014 - though some states are working like mad to avoid it. In the meanwhile, prepare for sticker shock...bc/bs with pre-conditions can be expensive. Good luck.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM

Part of the Affortable Care Act is PCIP (Pre Existing Condition Insurance Plan). The rates for one person your age is $432/ month with a $2000 deductible and $4000 total out of pocket per year. It is administered through United Healthcare. The only thing I see as a problem is that to qualify a person must be without insurance for six months and have a denial letter from an insurance company based on a pre-existing condition. Google PCIP and check it out.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Veteran member

Try catastrophic coverage it use to be offered and was alot cheaper. Didn't pay for office calls but at least it covered hospital. Like I said dont know if it still offered. Also Sweetbay has a prescription plan for 7 dollars a year and has pretty good discounts.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Part of the Affortable Care Act is PCIP (Pre Existing Condition Insurance Plan). The rates for one person your age is $432/ month with a $2000 deductible and $4000 total out of pocket per year. It is administered through United Healthcare. The only thing I see as a problem is that to qualify a person must be without insurance for six months and have a denial letter from an insurance company based on a pre-existing condition. Google PCIP and check it out.
That's actually a good deal - the monthly premium is higher than many employer-supplied health plans - but, the out of pocket max is reasonable.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.