Health need check and read

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Default Health need check and read

Today I made a call to BCBS which is my supplement that I choose plain F and ask if I change my plan and I am not happy after a year can I go back to my supplement, the told me that if nothing change in my health I have to fill out a aplacation and only then if nothing changes with my health they will accept you. Now is that the choice you want to make. Please everyone check and check to see if you make the right move
Old 07-20-2016, 09:53 PM

Good info....not sure we'd want to take that chance....
Old 07-21-2016, 05:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryh1943 View Post
Today I made a call to BCBS which is my supplement that I choose plain F and ask if I change my plan and I am not happy after a year can I go back to my supplement, the told me that if nothing change in my health I have to fill out a aplacation and only then if nothing changes with my health they will accept you. Now is that the choice you want to make. Please everyone check and check to see if you make the right move
We also have that plan and we were told if we left the plan and then wanted to return we would be subjected to ïnsurability rules (ie subject t pre-existing conditions exclusions).

We have been with this plan for several years and it has worked well for us
Old 07-21-2016, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
We also have that plan and we were told if we left the plan and then wanted to return we would be subjected to ïnsurability rules (ie subject t pre-existing conditions exclusions).

Funny, I had thought Obamacare eliminated any pre-existing condition restrictions. Sort of like "if you like your doctor....."
Old 07-21-2016, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

That's correct, unless you lose your insurance plan INVOLUNTARILY. We left our previous plan voluntarily five years ago and had to prove insurability. I applied first, then my husband applied after he could answer the health questions satisfactorily. So if you switch to Medicare Advantage you won't be able to return to Medigap if you wait until your health deteriorates.
Closed Thread

Tags
health, check, supplement, change, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.