Health workers not masked today's Sun

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2020, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Lest anyone think that ignoring warnings aimed at mere mortals is something new...
Old 04-29-2020, 11:47 AM

How about Mike Pence yesterday at Mayo Clinic without a mask, even though he was told about their policy to wear masks hospital-wide. Shouldn't he be setting an example?
Old 04-29-2020, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsyburnsy View Post
How about Mike Pence yesterday at Mayo Clinic without a mask, even though he was told about their policy to wear masks hospital-wide. Shouldn't he be setting an example?
Well he is doing that!
Old 04-29-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
All I could find is a statement that he is tested "regularly" and you get every day from that?.
For your information "Regularly" could mean every-hour or so which is more then every day. So he could be more safe then you and I thought....
Old 04-29-2020, 02:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
So does this mean when a Jersey Mikes sub preparer with covid-19 sneezes and gets it on the sub your about to eat, or the wrapper you're going to be touching, you won't get the virus?
Preliminary research suggests that virus aerosols may also be spread simply by breathing; no sneezes or coughs required!

I'm somewhat heartened by the decrease in daily covid deaths throughout the world. NY is less than half of what it was a couple of weeks ago and quite a few states are now in the single digits. I personally believe it's due to isolation measures, but it's nonetheless comforting that the worst case scenarios have not come to pass.

Estimates about the total number of unreported infections are orders of magnitude different, but it's also true that our area has not been severely hit. My fingers are crossed that it continues as restrictions are lifted.

I'm immunocompromised and will continue to stay home, but I do feel better about grocery stores and take-out from restaurants, just from an odds standpoint.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Do as I say......not as I do.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:21 PM

Shame on the people you mention and shame on the nursing homes for allowing this!
Old 05-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
From the Food and Drug Administration:

Avoiding Foodborne Illness

Currently there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19.

Foodborne gastrointestinal (GI) viruses, like norovirus and hepatitis A, can make people ill through contaminated food. SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, is a virus that causes respiratory illness.

FDA advises we all adopt everyday safe food handling

This has been reported through various news outlets for weeks. Masks provide a limited protection for the other person, not the wearer. The Health care workers know this.
What if the packaging of food is sneezed on or coughed on by an asymptomatic carrier of the virus? The virus can be transmitted that way when another person touches the food packaging. How can the FDA guarantee this scenario can not happen? IMHO, the FDA can not.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
So does this mean when a Jersey Mikes sub preparer with covid-19 sneezes and gets it on the sub your about to eat, or the wrapper you're going to be touching, you won't get the virus?

Why not?
Of course you can. That is the point I just made with my previous post. I don't like to think this but, I'm not so sure I have complete confidence in the FDA.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Wow is right. Have another cup of coffee and find something else to whine about. Its probably a staged picture but they should have realized that some people are just looking for something negative to say so......I guess the good this person is doing is just minimized while we blow up the mask issue. Geeez
Sorry, but I don't see it this way. Americans need to have good examples set for them. Not wearing masks in these scenarios is not setting a good example.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsyburnsy View Post
Pence has since admitted he should have worn a mask. At least he admitted it.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Thanks for a thoughtful contribution. My issue is that it is impossible to maintain social distancing when you are handing something to a person, and clearly in the photo two people are near each other. The big thing in my mind is that this is a long term care facility. That is the worst place to have COVID introduced.

While the care director is wearing a cloth mask, that is nearly useless in protecting her from catching COVID if she is exposed. Cloth and paper masks are to prevent an infectious person from spreading. So if the food preparer has COVID that mask on the recipient is not of any known benefit. The obligation is on the sick person, even an asymptomatic person, to wear a mask to not be capable of spreading COVID to a nursing home.
Correct
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, nursing, food, wearing, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.