Healthcare

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Default Healthcare

We are now spending about 6 months a year in The Villages. We have been advised that Healthcare Professionals and Facilities are questionable. Even social workers in Cincinnati who have worked in the Villages area have validated that assessment. We are specifically seeking advice on Internal Medicine, cardiologists, and electrophysiologists in the area. We have been pleased with a orthopedic practice located in Ocala.
We have also been advised that Leesburg is a decent hospital. We come from an environment where the hospital is within 5 miles of our home and we have longstanding relationships with the University of Cincinnati medical staff, the hospitalists, and the director of the Hospital... so concern with medical treatment has been almost non existent. We are aware that most have one time positive and negative experiences which anger or bias us. We are interested in advice based on the broader body of work of the professionals or the facilities. Thanks much
Old 09-30-2017, 04:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It would appear from reading TOTV posts, people who are used to superior healthcare back home will be highly disappointedly. That being said, I wonder how in the world I lived this long since the vast majority of those years was in central Florida.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
<snip> We are specifically seeking advice on Internal Medicine, cardiologists, and electrophysiologists in the area. <snip>
I have been pleased with the care from providers at Florida Heart and Vascular. My PCP (internal medicine) is there, as is my cardiologist. I have also consulted with an electrophysiologist there.
It is a multi-specialty group -- Florida Heart & Vascular | Multi-Specialty Group | Florida Heart & Vascular | Multi-Specialty Group
Old 09-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

If you have an ongoing relationship with an orthopedic practice in Ocala which you trust, perhaps you should ask them about the doctors they trust. I can tell you that the opinion of a social worker who spent some time near the Villages and is now in the medical Mecca of Cincinnati may not be adequate to validate the quality of medical care. I doubt that a social worker in Cincinnati believes a physician who now lives in The Villages can judge the quality of social workers in Cincinnati based on a used to "work in Cincinnati" expertise.

Having said that, this is a rural area with health care that will not match the care available in a major medical center. But you are not going to die shoveling snow here. There are trade offs. If the quality of the doctors and hospitals is one of the top criteria for where you move, don't come here.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:11 PM

Thanks, actually she was a social worker for several years at Leesburg hospital so it is not a distance diagnosis. You are all confirming the same thing my neighbors say... seek medical help in Orlando and Ocala. i am willing to drive to Ocala for a good Dr.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Great.....healthcare is a very personal decision. Do what makes you comfortable.....there are those of us here that have doctors that have significant experience. Also Leesburg and The Villages Hospital are owned by the same corporation and are not affiliated with The Villages. We all do what works for us, Orlando and Ocala will work for you.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-01-2017, 04:18 AM

Medical care in the United States is questionable but, it's adequate here.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:32 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
We are now spending about 6 months a year in The Villages. We have been advised that Healthcare Professionals and Facilities are questionable. Even social workers in Cincinnati who have worked in the Villages area have validated that assessment. We are specifically seeking advice on Internal Medicine, cardiologists, and electrophysiologists in the area. We have been pleased with a orthopedic practice located in Ocala.
We have also been advised that Leesburg is a decent hospital. We come from an environment where the hospital is within 5 miles of our home and we have longstanding relationships with the University of Cincinnati medical staff, the hospitalists, and the director of the Hospital... so concern with medical treatment has been almost non existent. We are aware that most have one time positive and negative experiences which anger or bias us. We are interested in advice based on the broader body of work of the professionals or the facilities. Thanks much
After my first year here I arranged that all my medical providers would be a part of the Munroe Medical Community. I had a need for hospitalization twice and both times I insisted on Munroe Hospital as did my brother for his two operations. Both physicians and their staffs have been most satisfactory.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 10-01-2017, 04:47 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default But For

there are good and dedicated medical people in TV
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, area, medical, advice, healthcare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.