hearing aids

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Default hearing aids

I have a question for those who wear hearing aids, do you stream the audio from your television and do your aids have a t-coil and have you used it in the the movie theaters....my question is when using the t-coil Is it the same as when you stream on television or is the sound just enhanced and louder
Old 03-25-2016, 07:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
I have a question for those who wear hearing aids, do you stream the audio from your television and do your aids have a t-coil and have you used it in the the movie theaters....my question is when using the t-coil Is it the same as when you stream on television or is the sound just enhanced and louder
I purchased my Starkey Z Series I-90 aids in May 2015. At that time, I test-drove the streaming feature for a week. I didn't like it, it was louder but not very pleasant, certainly not enhanced for better understanding.
A much better (for me) solution was to purchase a sound-bar for the TV, especially since going to movie theaters is not something I do often.
Companies such as ZVOX now have sound-bars with enhanced dialog technology to make voices clearer, and I will be looking at them to replace my current unit in the near future.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 03-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Most of the newer hearing aids that make use of the "loop" in some theatres and The Sharon do transmit directly to and through the hearing aids.

Ditto for streaming via bluetooth.

And many now have bluetooth connection to have their smart phones play through the hering aids.

The better ones are outstanding in their use of the new technology.
Closed Thread

Tags
aids, stream, t-coil, television, question, hearing, enhanced, louder, sound, wear, audio, theaters, movie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.