Hearing Issues

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Default Hearing Issues

In today's paper, there is a huge add from Corrective Hearing Centers, one in Palm Ridge Plaza, The Villages and the other in Park Central Plaza, Fruitland Park.
I am just starting to get checked as I have become more and more frustrated with not being able to hear well anymore.
Has anyone of you TOTVers been to this hearing center and can you give me any help or advice. I have already been to an ENT and was told that I have hearing loss and that all else is healthy. I did not pursue anything with the ENT office but I am getting more and more frustrated. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Sage

I personally would call your ENT doctor as he/she usually is affiliated with a hearing aid center.

In 2014, if you are signing up with UHC HMO Medical Advantage Plan. I think they have a $135 co-pay per ear. Hearing aids can be very expensive but you owe it to yourself to improve your quality of life and not annoy people asking to repeat themselves as I used to have to do. :smiley.

It can be expensive but it so worth it.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 PM

I am not of Medicare age. Only 59 so most people think I shouldn't have a problem. ARGH!!!! I have catastrophic insurance that doesn't cover anything.

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:42 PM

Here is a hearing loss support group that was helpful to my wife.

Hearing Loss Association of America
Scheduled: Nov 5, 2013, 1:00:00 PM to 2:30:00 PM
Location: Triple Crown Room, Churchill Street Recreation Center
Hearing Loss Association of America, 1-2:30 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month from September through May, Triple Crown Room, Churchill Street Recreation Center. 751-4532 or abf@abfinlayson.com.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Gold member

Most insurance policies do not cover hearing aids and if they do it is a limited amount and only the ones they allow. I use my ENT for my hearing aids. Have tried a few other places here but I wanted to be able to try them first with out buying. My ENT let me do that. All I paid for was my ear mold. Lake ENT has been great about servicing my hearing aid since I moved here even though I didn't by it through them. Find the companies that will let you try one first.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.