In home physical therapy

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Default In home physical therapy

I am currently in the hospital and will need a couple of in home physical therapy sessions when I'm released. Nothing complex, just walking therapy. Can anyone make a recommendation for who to use, preferably someone that takes Medicare?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Have the physician and/or discharge planner order Home Health for you when you are discharged. There is a large number of Medicare Home Health Agencies in this area, ie, Classic, Amedisys, Kindred, Precision, Better at Home and many more. The D/C planner will have a list. Some physicians have a preference to an agency. Just be sure to tell the physician that you want same before they discharge you.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:13 AM

Yes, your discharge planner will order for you so Medicare is on board. We used Greystone. Excellent PT.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:31 AM
Veteran member

I used Comprehensive Home Care, (A Medicare Certified HOme Health Agency), they are all over FL, but I used the one out of Ocala. They were very good and worked with my timeframe. They did all the paperwork, I didn't have to do anything with regard to Medicare. Their number is 352 861 8806
Old 08-16-2017, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorage View Post
Yes, your discharge planner will order for you so Medicare is on board. We used Greystone. Excellent PT.

The discharge planner will order the one selected by the patient. By law, the discharge planner must present the patients with info on the various available firms, so it is worth it for the patient to do some due diligence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-16-2017, 11:26 AM

I didn't realize that the discharge planner would book what I need when I posted the original post - thanks everyone for that information - haven't been in the hospital since 1975 (Air Force). I guess now I'm looking for someone to do a good job.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:18 PM

Anyone ever use Baycare? The discharge manager seems to love them for physical therapy as well as home nursing.
Closed Thread

Tags
therapy, physical, home, recommendation, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.