Hip revision

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2023, 08:44 AM
Platinum member
Default Hip revision

I had hip replaced in January that has failed.

I need to find a doctor that does hip revision. Has anyone had this done? If so, where?

My orthpedic surgeon in TV is little help. Gave me the name and phone number of Shands and referral, but Shands may not finish review for 7 days. In the mean time. the damage gets worse.

Thank you. This is very painful and would like to have it taken care of ASAP to prevvent more damage and relieve the pain.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:15 PM

So sorry that you have this problem. Shands is an outstanding facility and since your problem is complex, if I were you, that's where I would go. Try to get an urgent appointment if that is possible.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

I recommend Dr. Karina, at UNOVA, for a consultation. He specializes in knee and hip replacements. I had my knees done there and was up and golfing and playing softball in no time flat. Give him a call.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,478 Times in 549 Posts

I had my knee replacement revision done at Shands. I should have had them do it the first time so it wouldn’t have to be revised. I highly recommend them.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I had hip replaced in January that has failed.

I need to find a doctor that does hip revision. Has anyone had this done? If so, where?

My orthpedic surgeon in TV is little help. Gave me the name and phone number of Shands and referral, but Shands may not finish review for 7 days. In the mean time. the damage gets worse.

Thank you. This is very painful and would like to have it taken care of ASAP to prevvent more damage and relieve the pain.
Dr Andrew Pepper of Rothmann Orthopedic based in Orlando but sees people in Winter Garden. Fellowship trained for revision of hip and knee. He fixes what went wrong. That's what you need. I am sorry that you have this problem, but you may need to be more realistic about how quick you'll get fixed. I hope this helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
hip, damage, revision, shands, review

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.