Implants - Costa Rica - Suggestions needed

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Default Implants - Costa Rica - Suggestions needed

Has anyone had any experience with getting implants in Costa Rica?
I found out that I am needing 4-6 implants with a "healing denture". I've received info indicating it could cost almost $30,000 not including the abutments and permanent denture. I've started looking into less expensive options.
Any/all suggestions would be welcomed.
The Villages
Old 09-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Some people I know go to Juarez for dental work. They are happy with it. Here is a link to a clinic there although I don't know if this is the one they have used. If you get medical/dental work done there at least you can get to a US hospital quickly if anything goes wrong and of course for recovery accommodations. Home - Rio Grande Dental

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-24-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Default Dental work

Many RVers go to Los Algodones Mexico it’s near Yuma Az .You park on the US side and walk across it’s very safe and you have many choices of Dentists.You can google Dentists in Los Algodones and should get some references
Bob
Old 09-12-2019, 02:53 PM

My husband got implants here from Advance Faces very happy with him and crowns from Dr Forrest Jerkins. Very Happy. I see you’re from Delmar We’re from Guilderland.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:35 PM

Novadentalcr.com. I believe you will have this done for 5-6k. The office is directly across from a Marriot, next to several U.S. Chain restaurants. Across the street is a U.S. Style two story mall.

Excellent work according to my local dentist. Flight direct from Orlando. Shuttle from the airport directly to the Marriott. They are more fluent in proper English than many from the US northeast.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:26 PM

I am in the process now,. If you are open to somewhere else, I am getting 4 implants, I have had bone transplants, and a sinus lift. Locally I was quoted $18K. I am doing it in Cuenca, Ecuador. Including flights, B&B, and both my wife and I going several times - one for each step, the entire cost is about $4k, I can recommend a dentist that is excellent.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:50 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

[QUOTE=goingtothevillages;1680775]Has anyone had any experience with getting implants in Costa Rica?
I found out that I am needing 4-6 implants with a "healing denture". I've received info indicating it could cost almost $30,000 not including the abutments and permanent denture. I've started looking into less expensive options.

Look up "Top Dental Care," in Costa Rica...I saw them advertised on the TOTV weekly E-Newsletter.
Good Luck!
Old 09-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Gold member

When we were snowbirds, many people were getting dental work done in Progreso, Mexico (near McAllen, Texas). My wife got all of her teeth capped and one root canal for less than $2,000. That was 12 years ago and she still gets compliments from any dentist she goes to for a annual exam.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
When we were snowbirds, many people were getting dental work done in Progreso, Mexico (near McAllen, Texas). My wife got all of her teeth capped and one root canal for less than $2,000. That was 12 years ago and she still gets compliments from any dentist she goes to for a annual exam.
Absolutely. One of the prevailing myths is that healthcare (and dental) is so much BETTER in the US it is worth the extra cost. The fact is most of the healthcare is as good or better in other countries (I said most, not all). Typically you can take a vacation to another country and have work done, and the vacation, transportation, and medical/dental work all together end up costing much less than having it done here. Sort of like free vacations.

So much so, that medical vacations are a booming industry and many insurance companies will pay the cost of the vacation if you go somewhere else to have major work done, because it saves them so much money.

An example, a Liver Transplant in the US today with everything runs $300K to $400K. India offers Liver transplants (and is considered one of the best - highest quality - places in the world for Liver Transplants) for about $40K to $50K.

Think about it...

Tags
implants, denture, costa, rica, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.