Informal Poll on Recent Debate - Health Insurance

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Original Topic
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,635
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Default Informal Poll on Recent Debate - Health Insurance

There are many threads about the TVH only taking UHC MA plans as their only insurance. Maybe Tricare for Life also.

Many people have stated they were better off with original Medicare with a supplement. They would also need to leave TVH system, for a doctor in 2017.

I just thought I would start a thread asking everyone to vote for their preference.
__________________
"It doesn't cost "nuttin", to be nice". MOM

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
  #2  
Old 07-22-2016, 03:28 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 5,597
Thanks: 0
Thanked 202 Times in 117 Posts
Default

I saw a survey in the unnamed news source, and the last time I saw it, it was at 78% leaving, and 22% staying or changing. We are still undecided, I have the three books (yes there are 3 plans for the VHS insurance), and I am comparing these, HMO1 (Zero cost), HMO2 ($85/month), and a PPO option (not sure of cost). I need to review my thoughts with SHINE. Hate the thought of losing a really great PCP.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #3  
Old 07-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Joejohnson's Avatar
Joejohnson Joejohnson is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My wife and I have Tricare, so we must leave. Tricare is considered the Rolls Royce of medical insurance where United Health care is a Hyundai. We will miss the Villages Health Care as they are wonderful and their doctors are top notch, but United Health care is "...........not good.........
  #4  
Old 07-22-2016, 03:34 PM
inthemindofanurse inthemindofanurse is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I saw a survey in the unnamed news source, and the last time I saw it, it was at 78% leaving, and 22% staying or changing. We are still undecided, I have the three books (yes there are 3 plans for the VHS insurance), and I am comparing these, HMO1 (Zero cost), HMO2 ($85/month), and a PPO option (not sure of cost). I need to review my thoughts with SHINE. Hate the thought of losing a really great PCP.
You are missing 2 more, there are 5 plans. One of them being Medicare AARP Complete
  #5  
Old 07-22-2016, 03:35 PM
inthemindofanurse inthemindofanurse is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejohnson View Post
My wife and I have Tricare, so we must leave. Tricare is considered the Rolls Royce of medical insurance wher United Health care is a Hyundai. We will miss the Villages Health Care as they are wonderful and their doctors are top notch, but United Health care is "...........not good.........
You sir, are also wrong. Tricare is accepted
  #6  
Old 07-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Joejohnson's Avatar
Joejohnson Joejohnson is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemindofanurse View Post
You sir, are also wrong. Tricare is accepted
No sir your wrong. Tricare is NOT accepted after you turn 65.
I begged them yesterday to let us be grandfathered because we are existing patients. There answere was United Health Care or get lost.
  #7  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Villager Joyce Villager Joyce is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Villages
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My husband feels he must leave because the specialists he has due to medical issues do not accept MA. I have a year to decide. We both enjoyed our relationship with our doctors and the staff. We are leaving only because of his situation.
__________________
When all else fails, take a nap
Carrie Sue Day Snelgrove
  #8  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:44 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 5,597
Thanks: 0
Thanked 202 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemindofanurse View Post
You are missing 2 more, there are 5 plans. One of them being Medicare AARP Complete
AAH!! there was a misunderstanding (on my part), the PPO IS the AARP Medicare advantage. I just called, and apparently this is a $0 per month. So now I need to review all 3 plans.

They could not make this more confusing if they tried. Glad you commented, as I would have missed this completely.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
  #9  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Villageswimmer Villageswimmer is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 1
Thanked 66 Times in 40 Posts
Default

We'll miss them, too. We'll get over it and move on.
  #10  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Happydaz Happydaz is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pinellas
Posts: 348
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My wife and I are leaving TVH. We have already made appointments with an internist. Our new doctor's office said they are already getting many new patient calls. We would never leave our company sponsored BC/BS Plan for any Medicare Advantage Plan. Once we leave my company's plan we can never go back. Three years ago these Medicare Advantage plans were about to be abolished. They were saved by a last ditch effort, but who knows what the future holds. Medicare changes every year. If you have a corporate or government plan think twice before you switch to the United Health Care Advantage Plan. You may not be able to go back to your original plan. There are many good primary care providers around The Villages. The doctor we chose has hospital privileges at Ocala and Munroe Medical Centers. It may be advisable for people to get a new doctor lined up quickly before they all start closing their practices to anymore new patients.
  #11  
Old 07-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 343 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Happy that you have finally made your decision.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #12  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:17 PM
Jayhawk's Avatar
Jayhawk Jayhawk is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
My wife and I are leaving TVH. We have already made appointments with an internist. Our new doctor's office said they are already getting many new patient calls. We would never leave our company sponsored BC/BS Plan for any Medicare Advantage Plan. Once we leave my company's plan we can never go back. Three years ago these Medicare Advantage plans were about to be abolished. They were saved by a last ditch effort, but who knows what the future holds. Medicare changes every year. If you have a corporate or government plan think twice before you switch to the United Health Care Advantage Plan. You may not be able to go back to your original plan. There are many good primary care providers around The Villages. The doctor we chose has hospital privileges at Ocala and Munroe Medical Centers. It may be advisable for people to get a new doctor lined up quickly before they all start closing their practices to anymore new patients.

Change happens and it IS NOT PERSONAL. It is a CHOICE you get to make.
  #13  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:42 PM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is online now
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,103
Thanks: 51
Thanked 198 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Change happens and it IS NOT PERSONAL. It is a CHOICE you get to make.
Actually, I think it's a choice that's forced upon you.
__________________
Happiness is when your life on the outside matches your life on the inside.
  #14  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Jayhawk's Avatar
Jayhawk Jayhawk is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Actually, I think it's a choice that's forced upon you.
Actually it's not. You want to keep your insurance, find a provider who accepts it. Prefer to stay with VHC, utilize insurance they accept.

Simple.
  #15  
Old 07-22-2016, 10:00 PM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is online now
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 13,103
Thanks: 51
Thanked 198 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Actually it's not. You want to keep your insurance, find a provider who accepts it. Prefer to stay with VHC, utilize insurance they accept.

Simple.
Totally disagree.
__________________
Happiness is when your life on the outside matches your life on the inside.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, medicare, original, thread, tvh

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.