Medicare Sales Calls

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts
Default Medicare Sales Calls

I have been getting about 5 phone calls every day from people trying to sell me a Medicare Advantage plan. I thought the new Florida law allowed me to get $500 per call for these illegal calls. Does anyone know how I can get my money? Is the new law doing anything to reduce the calls?

Based on the number of calls I get and the TV ads, there must be a huge profit margin in Medicare advantage plans. My theory is that there is so much fraud in the original Medicare program (Parts A and B) that the private companies who manage the advantage programs (Part C) can reap huge profits by eliminating some of the fraudulent claims that would normally slip through the cracks when processed directly by the Federal Government under original Medicare.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Good thing we don't know how corrupt advantage programs (Part C) are.
Those insurance co's are paying out what they want and when they want
Old 10-19-2021, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
True, but when the Government pays a fraudulent claim filed under original Medicare, the taxpayers automatically get cheated. But, when an advantage plan denies a valid claim, they can be sued. So, at least there is a check and balance system for the advantage plans.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have been getting about 5 phone calls every day from people trying to sell me a Medicare Advantage plan. I thought the new Florida law allowed me to get $500 per call for these illegal calls. Does anyone know how I can get my money? Is the new law doing anything to reduce the calls?

Based on the number of calls I get and the TV ads, there must be a huge profit margin in Medicare advantage plans. My theory is that there is so much fraud in the original Medicare program (Parts A and B) that the private companies who manage the advantage programs (Part C) can reap huge profits by eliminating some of the fraudulent claims that would normally slip through the cracks when processed directly by the Federal Government under original Medicare.
Won’t do you no good, they have ways around anything you might collect from phone calls.

If you talking about the Joe Namath add plans, don’t you it free just give them call. O, just try to read the fine print at the bottom when the flash it up for 5 seconds or more. Due to lobbyists that’s their get out of jail free card.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Cell ( they can use location tracking) or landline which can come from same person just rotating call numbers. Hard to prove you didn’t initiate the calls.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

You mail free app for cell. Nomorobo for landline. Crowd source database of reported spam numbers reduces the spam getting through
Old 10-19-2021, 06:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
But, when an advantage plan denies a valid claim, they can be sued.
And you wind up paying for a lawyer.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:15 PM

Based on my insurance brokers info.
They ( Medicare insurance providers)get thousands per client signup. This is how they can afford all the advertising etc.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:01 AM
Platinum member
Angry

Quote:

I get that many also. I do a block on the number but they must have hundreds of similar numbers they call from...

Old 10-20-2021, 05:08 AM
Veteran member

This is how I answer most of my spam calls. Hello this is the FBI anti-terrorism unit
Old 10-20-2021, 05:54 AM
Default That is a great idea.

I get about 20 calls a day. Blocking doesn’t work. Will try your method of stopping it. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I receive my Medicare Advantage Plan through my retirement plan. This through AON HEWITT managing health insurance for our 200,000+ retirees in 50 states.
They provide guidance through online and personnel service. When it’s time to choose a plan I MUST CALL THEM they are forbidden to solicit or sell insurance by direct contact for sales representing approximately 10 different insurance companies also HMO PTO plans.
Everyone should be aware coverages for Medicare supplements/Advantage plans are all the same coverages but premiums will be different
Old 10-20-2021, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

I have been getting calls from a company called Medicare Rewards. I have blocked over 200 numbers from them and told them numerous times to stop calling me. They call from all over the country and sometimes out of the country.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:54 AM

No! They are HMO plans which your beloved Dr may not be participating in and Government trying to get you to leave Medicare! I will never leave Medicare for an Advantage plan and lose my doctors who do not participate on these plans! Out of pocket is high if you go out of plan! I was on one for a year and never again thank you!
Old 10-20-2021, 09:11 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

I’m not familiar with Android Phones but on IPhones go to setting click phone icon open scroll down to BLOCK UNKNOWN CALLERS. Call notifications will be logged just that phone will not ring this feature can be turned on and off as needed.
Closed Thread

Tags
medicare, calls, advantage, law, original

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.