Intestinal Bug in TV

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Intestinal Bug in TV

I have been sick for the past five days with a severe intestinal bug. I would really like to know if this is going around TV, or whether this is a one off just for me.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Sage

Sorry to hear that. To me nothing is worse than the stomach flu. Have you flown or traveled lately? I haven't heard if any one else with it. I have gotten it from seafood before or from eating in a restaurant.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

When I have a little trouble my wife always says it's because I don't wash my fruit when I eat it. Never happens that often tho; I eat alot more dirty fruit!!!
Had a little trouble last week and in backstepping what I ate, I figured it was some moldy cheese spread. Some of my friends got sick with flu like symtems and they blamed it on going to church and shaking hands. Then there's another friend that just drinks too much.

all sorts of causes

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-28-2014, 09:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Normally, if there's an intestinal virus floating around, I'm one of the first to get it. Nothing yet, so maybe just something that hit you. Suggest that if it sticks around much longer, you see a doctor. In the meantime, lots of Gatorade and if you can't see through it, don't eat it. Hope you feel better soon.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
When I have a little trouble my wife always says it's because I don't wash my fruit when I eat it. Never happens that often tho; I eat alot more dirty fruit!!!
Had a little trouble last week and in backstepping what I ate, I figured it was some moldy cheese spread. Some of my friends got sick with flu like symtems and they blamed it on going to church and shaking hands. Then there's another friend that just drinks too much.

all sorts of causes

I attended a health seminar that was packed with us "old" people and I have a sneaky suspicion that it could have been that, but I am also prone to picking up anything floating around in the air. I was hoping I was not the only one down with this .............. not that I wish it on anyone else, believe me, it is awful.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Sage

Nope, not me. I got a travelstressfatigue bug and maybe allergies...get well soon, madelaine. What a beautiful name!

Irony....getting sick from a health seminar...
Old 09-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Yes my brother his wife me and many others have experienced it. If we are discussing the same illness it can last over three weeks.

if you play golf avoid shaking hands and bump fist.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Yes my brother his wife me and many others have experienced it. If we are discussing the same illness it can last over three weeks.

if you play golf avoid shaking hands and bump fist.
Three Weeks I don't think I can last three weeks of this .............. I've lost 5 lbs in the five days I've had it .................. Cannot even keep gatorade down. Living on boiled water!

Old 09-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Our son typically never gets sick, had what you describe. It hit hard for about 3 days and then tapered after another 2 days. We're in PA and it seems to have circulated around here. The Villages is fairly transient and could have been brought in from other areas.

He took off from work for a couple days as to not infect others, but didn't think he would have gotten through the day. He said he doesn't remember being this sick in 20 or 25 years. First sick days he's taken in 20 years.

Force fluids and get a lot of rest. It will pass. (hopefully, quickly)
Old 09-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Three Weeks I don't think I can last three weeks of this .............. I've lost 5 lbs in the five days I've had it .................. Cannot even keep gatorade down. Living on boiled water!
Madelaine Amee It dehydrated me. My brother went to the doctor and so did his wife and was given an antibiotic as doc diagnosed it as bacterial. Mind you we may not be comparing the same intestinal aliment?????
Drink plenty of fluids and especilly those with eletrolytes
Old 09-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Sage

Sorry you aren't well. If this continues, call your doctor, please. Dehydration isn't a good thing either.

I have a friend who lives in the east coast of Florida and she and her husband experienced something like what you have. Her husband was sick enough to warrant a trip to the ER. Initially it was thought to be a "food poisoning" type of malady, but when my friend also came down with the illness, it was decided it was viral.

Oh, friends in Texas also have been impacted with some sort of stomach "flu."

Feel better soon.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
Our son typically never gets sick, had what you describe. It hit hard for about 3 days and then tapered after another 2 days. We're in PA and it seems to have circulated around here. The Villages is fairly transient and could have been brought in from other areas.

He took off from work for a couple days as to not infect others, but didn't think he would have gotten through the day. He said he doesn't remember being this sick in 20 or 25 years. First sick days he's taken in 20 years.

Force fluids and get a lot of rest. It will pass. (hopefully, quickly)
This sounds like the bug I have. I'm on my 5th day, so may be tomorrow will be better. I was so sick the first two days my other half wanted to call 911, but I held off and just spent the time laying down and in the bathroom!

It may just be coincidence, but my snowbird neighbor got back a week ago and they are from PA and, of course, we did the kisseypoo thing ......................

Old 09-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Sage

Thanks to everyone for their input. As long as I know I am not the only one "dying" I can handle it.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

You may need a little help from a good M.D. kiddo. Do not get dehydrated.

Sometimes they need to give you a shot of atropine...If you are light headed when you get up, please go to emergency room.
I am not a doctor or a nurse. I just remember odd stuff that I read.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Sage

Prevent the Spread of Norovirus | Features | CDC

It may have the name...Norovirus.
I always feel better knowing the word for a thing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.