Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2021, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meboyle View Post
Let us know how you are feeling.
We both had no reaction to the shots.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-13-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Where did you sign up for this?
Go to MyVaccinefl.gov and register on this site. You will get a call back from them offering you a vaccine with time and place. I registered my husband three different times: Lake, Marion and Sumter counties and we received three calls back from them. He had booked for Lake Square Mall, told the second caller he already had an appointment and then they called and offered Sumter College with J&J vaccine. That is the one he really wanted, so he went to that one. It went smoothly, took about and hour and he had no side effects.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Had my one and done J&J drive through Vaccine yesterday afternoon at the College. Incredible organization by the Guard and medical staff. At one time seven lanes of traffic and we thought we would never get through. We got there at 3pm and were driving back out at 4.05pm.

I would love to know how many people they got through yesterday, it must be in the hundreds. Excellent organization and loads of help available to those that need it.
I was there yesterday, March 12 at 10:30am. I was out at 11am. I was really impressed at the efficiency at the site. Also, everyone was so helpful and pleasant. You didn't even have to get out of your car. Good job everyone!
Old 03-13-2021, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve685 View Post
Thanks to the new Sheriff in town.
Yeah, except the doses were purchased by the old Sheriff. Facts matter.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meboyle View Post
Let us know how you are feeling.
I had no reaction at the site of the J&J injection. BUT, that evening, I came down with severe chills which lasted for (it seemed) hours. My husband covered me with another comforter and that helped keep me warm during the chills. I also had a fever of 102.0. After the chills stopped (abruptly) I bundled up and sweated out the fever. This morning, I had some severe dizzy attacks just rolling over in bed, but soon I was able to get out of bed. I am still weak and shaky, but the worse is over. I am glad this was a one and done shot. After this, I am not sure how I would feel about going through this again.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
Received my J&J vaccine on Wednesday. Had severe chills twice and on and off headaches. Fatigue for 2+ days. As of today these issues have subsided. HOWEVER, the injection point is intolerably itchy and the RED area around the injection point has grown to be larger than a silver dollar and is a bit swollen. Reported this to CDC last night. Itchy enough that it wakes me up. Wife had NO reaction.
The Doctors would say that your reactions mean that the vaccine is working.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLee View Post
I had no reaction at the site of the J&J injection. BUT, that evening, I came down with severe chills which lasted for (it seemed) hours. My husband covered me with another comforter and that helped keep me warm during the chills. I also had a fever of 102.0. After the chills stopped (abruptly) I bundled up and sweated out the fever. This morning, I had some severe dizzy attacks just rolling over in bed, but soon I was able to get out of bed. I am still weak and shaky, but the worse is over. I am glad this was a one and done shot. After this, I am not sure how I would feel about going through this again.
That basically meant that the vaccine was working.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:39 AM

We also got our J&J shot on Wednesday the 10th. We didn't have any reaction from the shot. The Guard and the medical folks did a great job.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckytwo View Post
I got the J&J vaccine there on Thursday. It was well organized. I didn’t get any side effects, not even sore arm.
I didn’t either
Old 03-13-2021, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana33 View Post
I'm confused.
I had my 1st Moderna vaccination at the Sumter State College location which I thought was very well organized. Then I heard that they shut that site down and moved to the St. Vincent de Paul location.

I'm due for my 2nd dose on a Saturday, March 27,
a day which the St. Vincent de Paul site is not open.
I don't know if I go back to the Sumter site now that it's reopen on the Saturday of my initial appointment or go the new St. Vincent site and when since they close on Sat.
Anyone know if the State College site is giving ONLY the J+J vaccine, now?
Anyone else in the same predicament?
I have to arrange getting a ride so would be great to know exactly where and when, in advance.
GMR has, thus far, not been great in their communication and information skills.
They are contacting those with Saturday appointments and rescheduling for the prior Thursday or Friday. My appointment is for the same day as you.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:04 PM

The St. Vincent site is rescheduling the Saturday appointments to the preceding Thursday and Friday. They will send you an email. We were scheduled for Saturday March 13th and were reschedule to Friday March 12th. The St. Vincent site went very quickly. My husband and I had Moderna. I ran a low grade fever with headache, chills and nausea. My husband didn't have a reaction. When they were running trials on the J and J vaccine there were participants who had variants of Covid 19 while Moderna and Pfizer did not have variants of Covid in their study. If I had my choice I would have taken J and J because I like to travel and am not sure how Moderna and Pfizer will do with variant strains of Covid. But I am glad that I am now vaccinated and in a couple of weeks can rejoin my activities with a mask. After being vaccinated it is important to continue wearing the mask because you can infect others although you are not likely to get sick. I was at the dog park and hardly anyone had a mask and I overheard people saying they were vaccinated. Vaccinated does not mean you no longer spread the virus. So please be considerate of others.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I had my shot today (3/12) and I agree very well done, in and out in under 1 hour!
How long did you wait to get called to go for the shot?
Old 03-13-2021, 06:44 PM

Had a appointment for 10:30am. Not sure about location, so I decided to allow extra time. The location is easy to get to. When I got there, they took me even though I arrived about 9:40am. After shot, waited 15 minutes to see if I would have a reaction. I was out of there at 10:25am. The last guy said, "How's that for service", when I told him my appointment was for 10:30am.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The Doctors would say that your reactions mean that the vaccine is working.
So no reactions means it’s not working?
Old 03-14-2021, 07:22 AM

We had our first which was supposed to be at the Wedgewood shopping center but then moved at the last minute to Sumterville to a community college. Now our second is at St Vincent this Weds. You can call Sumter Co Health Dept to confirm where yours is...352 569 3102.
BTW... We registered at Lake, Marion and Sumter counties and did the Publix website thing several times with no luck until Sumter Co came through for us. We have had about 8 calls the last week from all 3 countries asking if we want to schedule our first shots so things have opened up a lot.

Tags
j&j, organization, yesterday, vaccine, college

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.