Kaiser Health Ins

Old 03-11-2024, 04:21 PM
Default Kaiser Health Ins

Do any Villagers have experience using Kaiser Drs?
We only found 1 Kaiser Dr listed near the village, and am wondering if he basicly okays our treatment to use local Drs?
Thank you.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerpatrt View Post
We only found 1 Kaiser Dr listed near the village, and am wondering if he basicly okays our treatment to use local Drs?
Thank you.
Kaiser is a closed-network HMO system. The fact that you found any doctors in Florida that accepts it is nothing short of miraculous. They operate primarily out of California, with other services in Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland/VA/Washington DC, Oregon, and Washington state.

Kaiser doesn't cover any doctors that aren't in their network, at all.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerpatrt View Post
Thank you.
I think you are asking the wrong questions, IMHO you should be asking your insurance provider about what your options are in this area with your coverage. They should be able to provide a list of doctors (or practices) that accept your insurance. I have no idea if this is a Medicare supplemental or an advantage plan which will probably make a big difference. SHINE can help you if you need to consider changing coverage.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I think you are asking the wrong questions, IMHO you should be asking your insurance provider about what your options are in this area with your coverage. They should be able to provide a list of doctors (or practices) that accept your insurance. I have no idea if this is a Medicare supplemental or an advantage plan which will probably make a big difference. SHINE can help you if you need to consider changing coverage.
Kaiser Permanente doesn't serve Florida. It's a California HMO that has a very limited network on the east coast. That's why I was surprised to read from the OP that he found a doctor in The Villages in network. Might be a practicing snowbird doctor who works here and whatever state he lives in the rest of the year.

Tags
kaiser, drs, village, local, treatment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.