Keto or buy new clothes?

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2020, 03:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

The best weight loss program I have found was to stop eating so much, get up of your butt, and go do some exercise.
Works all the time.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:12 AM
Default It’s not complicated

Dave, I started Keto in February this year. To date, I have lost 85lbs. Within a week, my blood sugar returned to normal levels. My last blood draw in June was ALL in normal ranges. It’s high protein, medium fat and low carb. The instructions are easy to follow. 25 page guide. I eat simple. Meat and vegetables. Occasional berries like strawberries or raspberries. No complicated Recipe’s. Keto eating by itself is not the answer to weight loss. It’s a way of eating clean. I chose it to change my Type II diabetes. My a1c was ranging in the 10.0 area. Blood draw in June it was 4.9! 100% success. The weight loss secret is simple and happens by portion control or calorie reduction. My goal is 1500 calories a day. ( you must track every detail, that, was the hard part for me) Once into the program and creating new habits, I no longer crave sweets or snacks. If I stay at or just below my calories goal, I loose weight. About 2 pounds average per week. No exercise! I would encourage anyone to do some weight lifting though to help maintain muscle tone. The plan I follow is simple. If your interested, I can PM you the link on Facebook

Good luck
Old 07-25-2020, 06:47 AM

My husband is doing keto. He has diabetes. So far besides losing weight, his numbers are getting lower. As a treat he has some berries with whipped cream. I also found a great alternative to sugar loaded cakes. There is a website called keto queen dot com. They sell all keto cake type products. I think it’s called crumb cake, it’s very good. Good luck to all!
Old 07-25-2020, 08:08 AM
Default Know your cholesterol goals

Have been on a very restrictive keto for the time of the virus and am down 32 pounds. My blood tests came back with very high LDL. If you do your research, this can be expected on the program. Just know how you feel about that before you go down this path. I have other reasons this will be a lifelong choice for me but I was caught off guard when my concerned doctor called.

You will see discussions on LDL particle size, large good, small bad, and need to determine how you feel about it. It is like the Hatfield and McCoy argument. No middle ground.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb View Post
Dave, I started Keto in February this year. To date, I have lost 85lbs. Within a week, my blood sugar returned to normal levels. My last blood draw in June was ALL in normal ranges. It’s high protein, medium fat and low carb. The instructions are easy to follow. 25 page guide. I eat simple. Meat and vegetables. Occasional berries like strawberries or raspberries. No complicated Recipe’s. Keto eating by itself is not the answer to weight loss. It’s a way of eating clean. I chose it to change my Type II diabetes. My a1c was ranging in the 10.0 area. Blood draw in June it was 4.9! 100% success. The weight loss secret is simple and happens by portion control or calorie reduction. My goal is 1500 calories a day. ( you must track every detail, that, was the hard part for me) Once into the program and creating new habits, I no longer crave sweets or snacks. If I stay at or just below my calories goal, I loose weight. About 2 pounds average per week. No exercise! I would encourage anyone to do some weight lifting though to help maintain muscle tone. The plan I follow is simple. If your interested, I can PM you the link on Facebook

Good luck
Wow!!! Thanks for sharing

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts & experience with Keto
Old 08-02-2020, 11:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Because you restrict the food groups you can eat greatly, grains etc, you are eating an unbalanced diet, ketosis is not a normal state to be in. And I am speaking from personal experience.
Grains and especially sugar weaken your immune system...Scientific fact. You want a healthy immune system you need to stay away from carbohydrates and seed oils, get out in the sun, and supplement vitamin C.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Wow!!! Thanks for sharing

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts & experience with Keto
Ditto! Especially the recovering diabetics!

A person I met last year working out at Rohan Rec was 70 pounds over weight and looked near death. I told him to only eat meat and eggs. I saw him the other day and did not even recognize him...He recognized me and thanked me for the advice. He was still wearing the same size shirts as when I first met him. I told him it looks like you are wearing a dress...He laughed and said it made him feel good to see himself in his baggy old clothes

Last edited by MorTech; 08-03-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
page, keto, portions, size, recipe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.