Knee Surgeon

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2023, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Dr. Steve Nguyen, (407) 355-3120. He is pretty much the “inventor” of full knee replacements using the lateral technique (from the side). He did my left knee three years ago and will do my right knee in a few months. When I last saw him he had done over 25,000 full knee replacements using his lateral technique. Dr. Nguyen is very popular and schedules surgeries as much as six months in advance. Make an appointment and get on Dr. Nguyen’s surgery schedule ASAP, you can always re-schedule or cancel.

The advantage of the lateral technique is greatly reduced post-surgery rehab.

He does his in-hospital surgeries at Dr. Phillips Hospital in Orlando (the nicest small hospital I’ve ever been in). But the vast majority of his surgeries are now done on an outpatient basis at a surgery center nearby the hospital. Both Freedom Pointe Re-Hab and Lake Center for Re-Hab are very familiar with Dr. Nguyen’s re-hab orders, maybe others, as well. Typically you have re-hab appointments 3 days a week for three weeks, or until you can bend your knee to 120-degrees.

He also has an office here in The Villages (Opti Motion Orthopaedics) on the south side of 44 just south of Brownwood. Dr. Nguyen does not come to The Villages office, which is staffed by two of his associate orthopaedic surgeons. Both the pre-surgery and post-surgery appointments can be done here in The Villages office by one of his two orthopaedic surgeon associates.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 07-14-2023 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:27 AM

Dr. Duke did both my knees. 15 years later and I am still going strong. Highly recommended.
Closed Thread

Tags
knee, surgeon, recommendation, replacement, due

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.