Lasik eye surgery

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage
Default Lasik eye surgery

Anyone had lasik done in TV? If so how did it go and would you recommend the doctor and provide their name. Cost?
Old 09-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Veteran member
Default Best thing I ever did

Both my husband and I had lasik and as stated, it was the best money we ever spent. So nice to wake up and be able to see! I cannot recommend a doc around here, because we had it done about 8 or 9 years ago in our home state.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 PM

I was going to get it done a few years ago but, after the consultation they wanted to do one eye near and one eye far. This kind of scared me. Then they wanted to do the procedure and I would have to rear glasses for reading. I went with contacts instead. Good for 7 days with out removing them.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Sage

Not lasik but cataract surgery done by Dr. Zeini at Eyes in the Villages.......352-751-0060. This Dr. is totally devoted to your eye health and is extremely through. He has many years experience and his staff are very good.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Not lasik but cataract surgery done by Dr. Zeini at Eyes in the Villages.......352-751-0060. This Dr. is totally devoted to your eye health and is extremely through. He has many years experience and his staff are very good.
I agree!!!!

I had lasik done 6 yrs ago, but not here in TV... love, love, love it.... I love not have to wear glasses and can see far!!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I've heard good things about Ocala Eye. They're located in the group of offices right by Laurel Manor. If you google their website you'll see their services.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Wife had it approx 6 years ago at St Luke Cataract and Lazer Institutel in Tarpon Springs.

They are world renown for Lasic and have many international clients.

When we were in TV last month we were happy to see a sign announcing that they would be opening in TV.

See their website for info: St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute - Dr. James Gills and Dr. Pit Gills - Home
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

we had ours done 12 years ago when we were in South Carolina. Ditto all the comments above.....no more glasses....buy the sun glasses you want/ANYKIND....etc.

Just keep in mind your age and do expect as you get older your eyes will change....... again.

Your vision ability will deteriorate as you age, changing shape of eye ball, fluid in the eye density changes, cataracts and what ever else comes with age.

So while lasik is great, just know it is not forever.

My wife had cataracts done since we moved to TV, hence lasik done 12 years ago rendered caput. She now uses reading glasses all the time(biggest inconvenience of many).

If we could go back in time we would no doubt do it again. Just know the limitations that come with the aging process.....NO MATTER WHO DOES THE SURGERY!!!

A word about having one eye done near and one eye far, called "mono". I had it done that way with some reservations as to whether I could deal with it. The notion was sort of disconcerting. After I had it done I could not notice any difference in my vision except I no longer needed glasses, or reading glasses....I could read wit zero problems and see far....the brains ability to adjust is amazing. Do some research on the results of mono. You will find the satisfaction rate to be extremely high. (The biggest problem is the 6 inch space between your ears....that has the ability to make mountains out of mole hills and strike needless fear in our hearts).

btk
Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Gold member

I had lasix surgery done 12 years ago in Virginia. It was the best thing I ever did! I had worn glasses and later contacts since I was 8. It was great to be able to see first thing in the morning after the lasix surgery!

But, I agree with Billethkid about the aging process. Last year I had to have cataracts removed. My opthamologist came up with the procedure that is used in many cataract surgeries today. He told me that I would need to have the lasix surgery again after my eyes healed. And, because I had had lasix surgery and later cataract surgery that this second lasix surgery would be very painful. So far, I haven't needed the 2nd lasix surgery. I do have to use reading glasses when I am reading really small print -- mostly with nutrition labels.

Saying that, I still do not regret having the lasix surgery.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
we had ours done 12 years ago when we were in South Carolina. Ditto all the comments above.....no more glasses....buy the sun glasses you want/ANYKIND....etc.

Just keep in mind your age and do expect as you get older your eyes will change....... again.

Your vision ability will deteriorate as you age, changing shape of eye ball, fluid in the eye density changes, cataracts and what ever else comes with age.

So while lasik is great, just know it is not forever.

My wife had cataracts done since we moved to TV, hence lasik done 12 years ago rendered caput. She now uses reading glasses all the time(biggest inconvenience of many).

If we could go back in time we would no doubt do it again. Just know the limitations that come with the aging process.....NO MATTER WHO DOES THE SURGERY!!!

A word about having one eye done near and one eye far, called "mono". I had it done that way with some reservations as to whether I could deal with it. The notion was sort of disconcerting. After I had it done I could not notice any difference in my vision except I no longer needed glasses, or reading glasses....I could read wit zero problems and see far....the brains ability to adjust is amazing. Do some research on the results of mono. You will find the satisfaction rate to be extremely high. (The biggest problem is the 6 inch space between your ears....that has the ability to make mountains out of mole hills and strike needless fear in our hearts).

btk
I agree with BTK! I had a consultation on lasik, but they said that after 55 years of age the payback on lasik decreases, since eventually cataract surgery would be done. The type of cataract surgery I had removed the old "gel" lens behind the eyes and inserted new lenses in its place. The lenses were balanced in such a way that I could have good vision in 2 out of 3 ways: distance, reading, or mid-vision (18 inches for computer use). I chose distance and reading. So I only wear glasses when on the computer. They should be able to do that for you.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.